To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

how do I test a

HEATONHEATON Posts: 40Member
trying to diagnose a cycling prob on gas burner utilizing a 1018 united tech. hot surface ign control . no seperat sensor. how is flame signal measured and whatis microamps needed to keep firing. thanks in advance John of Service Specialties Fame
·

Comments

• icesailoricesailor Posts: 7,265Member ✭✭✭✭
    Repeated post:

I said before on another post.

The igniter becomes the flame sensor once the flame is established. If the igniter has a very small crack, it can give a reading that the controller thinks there is no flame. Or the control is bad and not sensing the proper resistance through the flame. I've never heard of anyone testing the sensors, just replacing them. They are almost always cracked if they are more than a few years old.
    ·
  • Stephen MinnichStephen Minnich Posts: 558Member ✭✭✭
    There is...

a very specific procedure for checking how to check/verify local flame sensing (Ignitor being used as sensor) and Tim McElwaine outlines that procedure in the March 2001 publication of the ACHR News. Google it. I've kept a copy of it somewhere.
    It's all in the details.

www.minnichmech.com
    ·
  • Stephen MinnichStephen Minnich Posts: 558Member ✭✭✭
    Sorry Tim

I misspelled your last name
    It's all in the details.

www.minnichmech.com
    ·
  • Tim McElwainTim McElwain Posts: 3,264Member ✭✭✭
    Heaton that article should help you

out. I had forgotten that I wrote that back in 2001.

No apology needed on the spelling you should hear some people try to pronounce my name.

Then again some strange things do occur from posting here. A fella recently called me on the phone and wanted to know why I did not immediately answer his inquiry here on the Wall. He said " I am sure Mr Dan Hooligan (spelling) must pay you very well to be available to answer questions."
    ·
  • Patchogue PhilPatchogue Phil Posts: 228Member ✭✭
    Hooligan

" I am sure Mr Dan Hooligan (spelling) must pay you very well to be available to answer questions."

LOL
    ·