To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

anyone recognize this radiator

rmoore007rirmoore007ri Posts: 39Member
I found 17 radiators iin a basement. A dozen like this but as many as 10 sections. They were all mine if they left that afternoon. (Three friends, one construction, one ship building, one fisherman, and a neighbours garage.). I placed them in good homes and kept two for myself. Had a shipyard friend make me a rather large custom spud wrench to deal with these. Turned two of these into 4 section radiators. Each section is 5 column. I bought E.D.R. and thought I would find these but didn't. They are steam only. Massive amount of metal. Absolutely love them. Anyone know what these might be ??
jpg
jpg
end2.jpg
0B
jpg
jpg
front5.jpg
0B
jpg
jpg
top2.jpg
0B
·

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Posts: 5,594Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2013
    Any measurements of those

Wonderful rads, and I believe from someone here that you can put a tape measure around them for one dimension, and multiply by the height.

It looks as though they are steam only, with not top interconnection of sections.--NBC
    ·
  • JStarJStar Posts: 2,612Member ✭✭✭
    Radiators

Looks like American Radiator Co's Italian Flue rads.
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357 ext. 2
    jstar.HVAC@gmail.com
    ·
  • rmoore007rirmoore007ri Posts: 39Member
    Italian Flue Ornamental

You nailed it :-) Many thanks. I must have dozed off flipping pages. EDR also tells me these are circa 1916. The family we got these from told us they were castings from Italy but that seemed a little far-fetched.
    ·
  • Stephen MinnichStephen Minnich Posts: 556Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2013
    Radiator

I use to have the same one in my shop with the intent of repainting it. I regret getting rid of it.
    It's all in the details.

www.minnichmech.com
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!