Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

anyone recognize this radiator

I found 17 radiators iin a basement. A dozen like this but as many as 10 sections. They were all mine if they left that afternoon. (Three friends, one construction, one ship building, one fisherman, and a neighbours garage.). I placed them in good homes and kept two for myself. Had a shipyard friend make me a rather large custom spud wrench to deal with these. Turned two of these into 4 section radiators. Each section is 5 column. I bought E.D.R. and thought I would find these but didn't. They are steam only. Massive amount of metal. Absolutely love them. Anyone know what these might be ??

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    edited November 2013
    Any measurements of those

Wonderful rads, and I believe from someone here that you can put a tape measure around them for one dimension, and multiply by the height.

It looks as though they are steam only, with not top interconnection of sections.--NBC
  • JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Radiators

Looks like American Radiator Co's Italian Flue rads.
  • rmoore007ri
    rmoore007ri Member Posts: 45
    Italian Flue Ornamental

You nailed it :-) Many thanks. I must have dozed off flipping pages. EDR also tells me these are circa 1916. The family we got these from told us they were castings from Italy but that seemed a little far-fetched.
  • Tinman
    Tinman Member Posts: 2,808
    edited December 2013
    Radiator

I use to have the same one in my shop with the intent of repainting it. I regret getting rid of it.
    Steve Minnich
This discussion has been closed.