To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

tekmar 256

Paul SPaul S Posts: 503Member
I was called on a job to wire a boiler using a tekmar 256....a different heating contractor installed boiler and could not wire customer provided control...I know how to wire it but when you have to put in what type of radiation is being used what do I put in if there's a combination of baseboard and radiant heating.....?....there is no boiler protection loop for low return water temp...thanks Paul S
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,840Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tekmar curves

From http://tekmarcontrols.com/images/_literature/e0003_06.pdf

There is a minimum target temperature setting for the boiler that sets the bottom of the curve.
    png
    png
    Tekmar curves.png
    0B
    · ·
  • ZmanZman Posts: 2,230Member ✭✭✭

Paul,

The 256 will control the boiler with outdoor reset. You can set the boiler minimum output.

It is not designed for two temp systems or boiler protection.

Carl
    · ·
  • Paul SPaul S Posts: 503Member
    edited November 2013

I can still use it right?....do they make a control for 2 temp systems? Thanks paul S (in other words what type of control you wouldve used on a application like this)
    Post edited by Paul S on
    · ·
    edited November 2013
    Two temps

A 363 will manage two separate reset curves.  They're somewhat pricey.

I'd probably just add a Taco iSeries-R for the RFH.
    Post edited by SWEI on
    · ·
  • Paul SPaul S Posts: 503Member
    tekmar 256

How come this control has a room occupied temp setting and a unnoccupied temp setting if it does not actually sense temp....i believe its a parallel heating curve ...can someone explain that? thanks paul s
    · ·
    It's a curve shift

triggered by an external signal.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!