To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Flue Gas Analysis Credentials

karlmkarlm Member Posts: 1
Does anyone know if you can simply buy a combustion analyzer kit and perform the test in-house or do you have to be specifically licensed to perform this analysis? I have several licensed boiler mechanics on staff, but was told today that you needed a special credential to be able to perform this task.


  • JStarJStar Member Posts: 2,668

    It SHOULD be a required license. Combustion analyzers can save lives when used properly, or destroy them when not.

    I bought my analyzers without any specific license.
    - Joe Starosielec
  • Tim McElwainTim McElwain Member Posts: 3,765

    I would suggest getting yourself and your techs trained on the proper procedures for testing equipment. I have a three day seminar that I teach called "Testing Design Gas Equipment", contact me at 401-437-0557 or for e-mail.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!