To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

HoneyWell 8043G Zone Valve Question

JunkboxJunkbox Member Posts: 7
Can I use the 2 red wires on the zone valve ( END SWITCH) as the switch that sends 120 volts to a circulating pump?


  • SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,356
    edited October 2013
    Rated for it

    End Switch Rating: 50 VA pilot duty @ 24 V; 4.4 A running with 26.4 A inrush @ 120 V

    Edit: didn't think about the code issues mentioned below.
  • RJRJ Member Posts: 459

    Use a honeywell R845A 1030 relay package
  • hot rodhot rod Member Posts: 6,479
    via a relay only

    you would not want to put line voltage on the bare, exposed terminal strip connections. The space under the cover is not properly separated to mix low voltage and line voltage, if you tried to wire directly into the ZV.

    A relay box is the correct and safe way to relay the voltage. Honeywell, Taco, Argo are a few common brands.
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
  • tangled in wirestangled in wires Member Posts: 23
    bring it to the aquastat if you have the room

    run it to the aquastat or use a relay of some sort.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!