Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NAVIEN 210

Paul S_3
Paul S_3 Member Posts: 1,261
Hey everyone I got a service call for a Navien combi boiler...the problem the customer was having was no hot water at all....when I got to call I immemediatsky called Navien tech support...they told me that the flow sensor in the domestic hot water inlet was not sensing they told me to remove the sensor and check to see if it was dirty?....the sensor look like a tiny pump impeller....I checked sensor all looked good...the Navien does work when I hook a hose to the domestic hot water outlet....it does not work when I open any faucet or even the tub spout....I believe the unit turns on once it senses 0.5 GPM flowing through the DHW side....I tried getting Navien to send me a New sensor but they said it works?? Ours under warranty....had anyone experienced these type of issues with this boiler? Thanks Paul S
ASM Mechanical Company
Located in Staten Island NY
Servicing all 5 boroughs of NYC.
347-692-4777
ASMMECHANICALCORP@GMAIL.COM
ASMHVACNYC.COM
https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/asm-mechanical-company

Comments

• Jamie Hall
    Jamie Hall Member Posts: 23,170
    Interesting...

Disclaimer: I know practically nothing about Naviens!  However, this is one of those rare occasions when I would try parts swapping as a diagnostic effort.  If the thing works with a hose (up towards 5 gpm) but not with any of the other faucets etc. singly (I presume) it suggests to me that a) the sensor works but b) not at a low enough flow -- which, for all practical purposes, means it doesn't work.  It could be sticky.  It could have an internal short reducing its output at low flow...

Just meandering thoughts.
    Br. Jamie, osb
    Building superintendent/caretaker, 7200 sq. ft. historic house museum with dependencies in New England
This discussion has been closed.