To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

This is to good not to share!!

Harvey RamerHarvey Ramer Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭✭
I ran across this attemp at stopping a leak on an 410A AC system that I got called out to repair. As Dan would say, this is evidence that a knucklehead was here.
jpg
jpg
20130820_190816.jpg
0B
· ·

Comments

• RichRich Posts: 1,212Member ✭✭✭
    SWEET

Git er done . LMAO
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC 732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey , Eastern Pa .
    Consultation , Design & Installation
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    · ·
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Duct tape

Probably comes in copper color now!
    · ·
  • JStarJStar Posts: 2,437Member ✭✭✭
    Leak

Maybe it was better that the person DIDN'T use a torch.
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357
    j.star@thatcherhvac.com
    http://thatcherhvac.com
    http://facebook.com/thatcherhvac

Guaranteed performance. Guaranteed energy savings.
    Serving all of NJ, NYC, Southern NY State, and eastern PA.
    Consultation anywhere.
    · ·
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 630Member ✭✭✭
    You mean

That didn't work?
    · ·
  • R ManninoR Mannino Posts: 360Member ✭✭
    Where's

the WD 40 can?
    · ·
  • Harvey RamerHarvey Ramer Posts: 1,016Member ✭✭✭
    Oh it gets better!

There was no leak at the duct tape location. I found a leak in the Schrader core valves. Whether it made it through the brass service valve caps, i'm not sure.

When I arrived at the site, the unit was going off on high head. Apparently it was cycling like this "on and off every few seconds" for at least a day or two. I pulled probably a pint of dye out of the system. There were noncondensables in the system and 2 lbs. excess refrigerant. Apparently this knucklehead was determined to find a leak. He cut a slit in the armoflex a ways down the lineset and poured dye in there. The dye was then dripping off the pipe right at the coil connection and he told the home owner; look, it's leaking right there, you are lucky you didn't loose it all. His prognosis was that she needs to have the coil replaced.

This guy is either dumber than a box of rocks or a knucklehead or both at the same time with a little bit of "you know what" mixed in. The home owner is a sweet elderly lady who just loves everyone and believes anything she is told. I have not seen anything like this before and while I'm giving the benefit of doubt and trying to find logic in what I see, there is none here. 

Scary huh! They are out there. 
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!