To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Mfg Housing and a boiler....

kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,589Member ✭✭✭
Does anyone know if there is a Combi boiler that is Approved for Mfg./ mobile homes?

TY,kcopp
· ·

Comments

• kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,589Member ✭✭✭
    This is an....

existing Mobile... in 2004 another htg contractor installed a Quietside QVM90 combi and it is toast now..... boiler discontinued. Never pulled a permit. Now the HO is getting the local inspectors in and the State fire Marshall involved... They are not really doing a whole lot to say yes or no to what was there.

I am throwing in a 30 gallon electric WH for now but she will have no heat come Oct/nov.... Thoughts?
    · ·
  • Aaron_in_MaineAaron_in_Maine Posts: 143Member
    Rinnai

I know the Rinnai water heaters were approved for mobile homes. Maybe the boilers are as well?
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
    · ·
    no...

the boilers are not. Not wild/ happy about this but I am going to have to use a tankless WH (Noritz) approved as a "boiler" and mobile homes.... its the only legal way around it.
    · ·
  • HDEHDE Posts: 212Member
    Is it a true mobile home?

Read the HUD rules carefully. If its a manufactured home permanently installed then the HUD rules don't apply. However if its got wheels on it, then usually the HUD rules apply meaning sealed combustion and gas field convertible
    · ·
    ya its got wheels...

whole thing is a mess. Trying to fix a situation that never should have happened.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!