To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Radiant - Gypcreet

KCAKCA Posts: 264Member
Hello...

What are you guys using for insulation when you have a Radiant staple down and Gypcreet over.   I can't put any insulation in the joist cavity below & I feel like I need some...  Have you been using a Bubble wrap / reflective insulation and staple to it?

Thanks for your help

:-)  Ken
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,670Member ✭✭✭✭
    Joist cavity below

Why not?
    · ·
  • ZmanZman Posts: 2,211Member ✭✭✭
    Warm Board

Ken,

I am guessing you have finished ceiling below. Can you blow in insulation?

First off  bubble wrap will not work in a radiant system. The "reflective" value only works in an air space. Even then it is suspect and not allowed by most codes. The other thing to look at is the compressive rating. If the product will compress under load, the gyp will crack. If you can afford the space rigid insulation would work.

Why are you looking for a high mass system? I would take a hard look at a product like warm board. You can put rigid insulation under it and eliminate the thermal "flywheel effect"

Carl
    · ·
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,640Member ✭✭✭✭
    Zman

X2

If headroom is an issue fan fold before bubble wrap. R1 is 100% better than r0. Or bubble wrap.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!