To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Quietside Condensing Dual purpose

BilljulianBilljulian Posts: 12Member
I have a slight rumbling on the 120DPW Quiestside condensing boiler. When the flame ignites. Maybe a slight delay in the ignition I don't know. Im a Rinnai guy. We got heat /HW but this rumble slightly shakes the unit for 1/2 second. Tech says not unsafe. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks Bill
· ·

Comments

• GordanGordan Posts: 877Member ✭✭
    Likely too lean

You need to have it tuned with a combustion analyzer.
    · ·
  • Danny ScullyDanny Scully Posts: 109Member
    Vent termination kit

We install Quietsides all the time, awesome piece of equipment. We started installing them about 6 years ago and have found the rumbling you describe on a few installs. The issue seems to arise from the vent termination that is provided with the Quietside. If you used the termination kit that came with the Quietside, I would start out by adding a piece of pipe (12-18") to the 90 for the air intake. If this stops the rumble, you have a few options. Let me know if this works and I'll give you a few recommendations.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!