To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

oil guys a ?

jonny88jonny88 Posts: 736Member ✭✭✭
how is the ap series steel oil fired new yorker with coil.i installed one for a customer.they bought the boiler.it looks like a well made product i just wanted an opinion on the boiler from experienced oil techs.customer is looking for a good oil service tech in long island area so if you want to leave a number i can pass it on.thanks
· ·

Comments

• billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,090Member ✭✭✭
    low quality boiler

Wasn't sure they still made them. Unless you have an aquabank tied into the coil, hot water will be poor. This was a quick install due to flood damage? Best part about it is that the customer bought it, you didn't recommend it.
    · ·
  • jonny88jonny88 Posts: 736Member ✭✭✭
    fires nice though

after the install i had an oil tech come to calibrate it.he didnt have to touch a thing.he did all his combustion tests and the boiler was running perfect.only issue is the boiler has a digital control.manual says to run boiler at HL205 andLL190.coil doesnt have a seperate aquastat.the control is digitally programmed and is similar to trhe burnham ES2.I want to lower the settings.There is only 2 people in house so water wont be an issue,do you think that would be ok to do.I am calling the company tomorrow to make sure.Are you being a little hard on the boiler is it really that bad?
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!