Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

oil guys a ?

Options
jonny88
jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
how is the ap series steel oil fired new yorker with coil.i installed one for a customer.they bought the boiler.it looks like a well made product i just wanted an opinion on the boiler from experienced oil techs.customer is looking for a good oil service tech in long island area so if you want to leave a number i can pass it on.thanks

Comments

• billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    low quality boiler

Wasn't sure they still made them. Unless you have an aquabank tied into the coil, hot water will be poor. This was a quick install due to flood damage? Best part about it is that the customer bought it, you didn't recommend it.
  • jonny88
    jonny88 Member Posts: 1,139
    Options
    fires nice though

after the install i had an oil tech come to calibrate it.he didnt have to touch a thing.he did all his combustion tests and the boiler was running perfect.only issue is the boiler has a digital control.manual says to run boiler at HL205 andLL190.coil doesnt have a seperate aquastat.the control is digitally programmed and is similar to trhe burnham ES2.I want to lower the settings.There is only 2 people in house so water wont be an issue,do you think that would be ok to do.I am calling the company tomorrow to make sure.Are you being a little hard on the boiler is it really that bad?
This discussion has been closed.