To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

vacuum breaker

RJRJ Posts: 421Member ✭✭
Peerless boiler, low press steam 2 psi  1 pipe.  System has Hoffman boiler feed pump.  The vacuum breaker on the boiler failed, boiler was in a vacuum, water level dropped, the boiler feed control had turned on the pump but water would not go into boiler ?   After replacing vacuum breaker problem went away. I think I forgot what was going on here. Any ideas would be appreciated.  29 hp boiler / 50 gal boiler feed

• nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Posts: 5,714Member ✭✭✭
    oh for gravity return

with gravity return, there is no problem with vacuum breakers or traps; and also no pumps, or electricity needed. can you convert back to the old way?--nbc
  • Tim_HodgsonTim_Hodgson Posts: 59Member
    vacuum breaker

I am a little stumped. I normally see vacuum breakers stick and the boiler will go into a vacuum as the steam condenses. At this point the the boiler vacuum sucks the water out of the boiler feed tank without any help from the pump. This often leaves my boiler overfilled.

Good luck,

This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!