To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Tool For Oventrop

ChasManChasMan Posts: 352Member
I have some 1/2" chrome Oventrop Valves to install and they have two little bumps on the inside of the nipples. What would be the best tool for tightening these things? Do they make a special wrench? I can do it with a tapered square rod or a tapered handled wrench but I was wondering if they made a special wrench.
·

Comments

• Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 4,930Member ✭✭✭
    Google Radiator Spud Wrench

Here is what it looks like.

ME
    jpg
    jpg
    wrench_radiator.jpg
    0B
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
    ·
  • hot rodhot rod Posts: 4,081Member ✭✭✭✭
    radiator wrench

like this also
    png
    png
    Picture 14.png
    0B
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    The magic is in hydronics, and hydronics is in me
    ·
  • ChasManChasMan Posts: 352Member
    Thanks!

I had seen that tool, as well as "spud nipples" and thought that might be the thing but these oventrop nipples, well, they are very well cast and I thought they might have some proprietary wrench. I have only worked on Fintube before, this is my first radiator. :-) And its not even a radiator its a piece of Runtal baseboard.

Thanks! I will order that little guy.
    ·
  • zacmobilezacmobile Posts: 211Member
    ^^ I've got one of those

I love it, It's nice & compact but I wish they made another bigger size for larger valves.
    ·
  • Glen AspenGlen Aspen Posts: 53Member
    thanks to one of my best clients -

that liked to help and do things himself (honestly - he was good at it!) we used a torx drive socket for 3/8 square drive. superbly elegant!
    ·
  • timo888timo888 Posts: 137Member
    where to buy ... been looking and looking and looking

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm also trying to connect a couple of valves to a Runtal, and would like to get one of these smaller tools but I cannot find them. Do they have a special name? Radiator spud wrench is finding plenty of the larger kind used with a pipe wrench, but not this compact version.
    ·
  • alotlikeearlalotlikeearl Posts: 68Member
    Finding Radiator Spud Wrench

You can find them on the Home Depot website.

Jerry
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!