Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat Help Needed in SC

Options
I'm building a house in Beaufort, SC, and want radiant heat. I understand "nobody does this" in the area because of the warm climate. I also understand it won't be as economical to install as a conventional furnace (and I'll have to have the AC system anyway). Nevertheless ...

My architect can't locate a local engineer (say in the Charleston/Beaufort/Savannah general area) to do the design. We'd like an engineer who is familiar with local practices and contractors, if any.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Paul McKibben
Norcross, GA (soon to be Beaufort, SC)

Comments

• Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    Paul,

There are people that will design the system for you virtually everywhere, but an installer may be a bit hard to find.

There's a gent named David Broome in SC, but he's in Sececa, SC, in the northwest corner of the state. I'm located in Woodstock, GA, not too far from you now.

Assuming that you've put in an accurate email address and it's good, I'll make a couple of calls.

Radiant heat isn't cheap to install, but the comfort level is much greater than what FA can provide.

• Paul McKibben
    Paul McKibben Member Posts: 2
    Options

Jeff - Thanks for the quick response. My email is accurate (hope it doesn't garner a bunch of spam!) and I look forward to anything you can provide.

Paul
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Options
    just understand

That any name I may send to you is not guaranteed to a be the 'right' person for you.

Jeff
This discussion has been closed.