Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

lil' steamer

Options
gerry gill
gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
it can't be done any better than that..and smiling customers to boot! i'd say two thumbs up also.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=360&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
gwgillplumbingandheating.com
Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

Comments

• Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    Lil' steamer

Here is a job I did for some old friends. I've known these folks for over 43 years. They were worried the old girl was gonna give it up but after cracking it open it appears the iron was as good as the day it was installed. I still have to go back and finish insulating the fittings and adding a hanger or three...

Robert O'Connor/NJ

I was happy to see the thumbs instead of the "other" finger.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Very nice

and clean job Robert, I would give you thumbs-up too! Your friends are very lucky to have a guy like you around!

Dave
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweet!

I like the drain cocks in the low spots. That's a fine example of thinkng ahead.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Steam boiler install, note

Watch putting boiler up on blocks that do not cover whole base of boiler +. We had a problem with combustion due to this. The air currents into combustion chamber are disrupted when only part of the underside of boiler is on blocks. Just fyi. Tim
  • T_3
    T_3 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    good job

Nice and neat. I am a second year apprentice plumber. I have a very similar boiler as the old one you replaced. Can you tell me the name brand of the boiler you installed.
  • Robert O'Connor_12
    Robert O'Connor_12 Member Posts: 728
    Options
    Thank you!

Thanks to all who responded.

In responce to T's question on brand. The boiler is a Thermoflo. It "really" is a Weil-McLain EG in a different wraper and a $200+ price difference, lower price that is...

Tim Smith, I appreciate your input regarding combustion, however, the blocks are solid across the back and the jacket does have a reveal along the bottom. I'm unaware of any problems with this configuration. I too have read were combustion was an issue when the "center" was open. Thanks for your concern.

Here is a picture of a lil' radiant job were doing..

Robert O'Connor/NJ
This discussion has been closed.