Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

adding fins to baseboard pipes

Peter Hayden
Peter Hayden Member Posts: 5
Hi,

Is anyone aware of a way to add fins to bare pipe in a baseboard system? I've got a stretch of pipe where I'd like to add fins, and I'd rather not have to drain and crack open the system if I can avoid it.

Thanks

Comments

• Brad White_9
    Brad White_9 Member Posts: 2,440
    There was a product

sort of a corrugated aluminum wrap, to be placed over pipe radiators. Not sure if it is size-scalable to residential BBD.

One product I have used to supplement (but requires cutting which you wish to avoid) is SpiroTherm Speed Heat. Good output per foot when things get tight.

If your output is such that you notice the lack of it, you may have other issues, IOW, your adding fins however well, may not yield perceptable results. Just a thought.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Buy a bunch of

split ring 7/8 escutions (sp). Heck, they are even chrome plated :)

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Leo
    Leo Member Posts: 770
    Two things

If it did work, by taking this heat will it change the amount of radiation on the loop and throw off the balance? Second if you remove the cabinet from baseboard in a room it won't heat right so I doubt a suspended pipe with some fins will really heat very well either.

Leo
This discussion has been closed.