Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Ultra & Pro-press

Dale
Dale Member Posts: 1,317
Is it me or did someone mash a pp el on the domestic tank in the last picture?

Comments

• swanmech
    swanmech Member Posts: 69
    Ultra & Pro-press

Just start this system-up. Residence is all radiant in-slab
    above floor. Complete system was install with 99% pro-press
    fittings, Great labor savings & kept it clean. But really enjoy not carrying in torch, flux, solder, brushes, emery, & rags each day!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brad White_48
    Brad White_48 Member Posts: 18
    Stunning Work!

Reads like a diagram- Something to aspire to. Easy to follow and so tidy even Martha Stewart would approve.

It's a Good Thing...
  • Paul Rohrs
    Paul Rohrs Member Posts: 357
    Beautiful Work.

Can I ask about the installation and placement of the zone circulators? You are not going to be able to service those taco zone pumps as they are facing the wall. The pump will have to be removed before a replacement cartridge can be inserted. Any reason you installed this way? Maybe there is a good reason I am not thinking of.

Spotless work otherwise.

Regards,

PR

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    Brilliant!

Sweet looking job. I like the fact that you have gauges on S&R.,valves on circs.
    The wiring is crisp also, you do that or sparky? A lot of pumps and zones? Give us more details, how big is this house?

• jwade55_2
    jwade55_2 Member Posts: 21
    Looks just it was drawn!

I like the use of the panduit and conduit, not being critical but why use pvc and emt, I've seen inspectors get excited about that before, just a question.

J
  • swanmech
    Thanks !

> I like the use of the panduit and conduit, not

> being critical but why use pvc and emt, I've seen

> inspectors get excited about that before, just a

> question.

>

> J

• swanmech
    Thanks !

Singh, We do our own boiler wiring, i have electrician bring power to my Emer.switch (romex temp.) This house is a little under 12,000 sqft. Metal floor trust, 4" concrete floors then 1-1/2" pour above floor with radiant. 80% of finish floors are tile/marble. Only bedrooms are carpet with proper paddings. Had Spray urethane foam under all floors. System design at 1-temp & played with loops centers
    and runs to balance outputs in carpet rooms.

Paul, Pumps are faceing wall for looks & easy of wiring to channel. if pumps do need service , i do have isolator valves & should not be a big deal.

Jwade, I wired all my low voltage in pvc conduit, Emt & metal channel is for all line voltage.

Wiring these multi zone systems is what slows most of us down & busy up the system. I have started using wire channel and finding thats its answers both problems a little.

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    The wire channels are the bomb!

The biggest bummer is carrying so many different colors of wire. I suppose you could tag them with a label machine, but finding 2 tags lying on the floor of the channel would be maddening.

Nice job ! Chris
  • Jerry_15
    Jerry_15 Member Posts: 379

A thing of beauty fer sure, but was it that tough to turn the pumps around for service? Also out here in shaky land we have to strap our tanks. Guess you don't have that problem.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    You will have to join us

At the Circaholics Anonymous meetings!

Nice job, Taco rep must love you!

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable P.H.C. Inc.
  • jesse the great
    jesse the great Member Posts: 72
    wow

you are lucky to have a good size boiler room to work with you get a A+ I just wanted to mention to you is to lable everything seeing I'm a serviceman @ heart and you might not be the one getting the call 5-10 years down the road
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998
    Ummmm

12 circulators 12 steps maybe more to this than meets the eyes
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Hi . My name is heatboy.....

and I'm a recovering circaholic.

hb

heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • Ray Landry_2
    Ray Landry_2 Member Posts: 114

Circs look so much more impressive! Swanmech that really is some nice work
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    All fun aside......

....that is a beatiful project. As far as the pumps being turned, changing the cartidge is, for the most part, not worth doing. In my area, the cartidges cost me more than the 007 does. That, plus you get a warranty with a new pump.

hb
    heatboy

The Radiant Whisperer

"The laws of physics will outweigh the laws of ecomomics every time."
  • swanmech
    I have it under control!

> ....that is a beatiful project. As far as the

> pumps being turned, changing the cartidge is, for

> the most part, not worth doing. In my area, the

> cartidges cost me more than the 007 does. That,

> plus you get a warranty with a new

> pump.

>

> hb

>

> www.climatecadvanced.com

• swanmech
    I have it under control!

Cirs were always my choose of drug. Felt they were the easy stuff!

When i first look at this project, homeowner had headloss/radiant design/ material list. (provide by manufacture). You all Know, 23 zones, (36) 2-wire
    actuators, (23)4-wire actuators, 3- temp. BUT excluding the +10 miles of t-stat wiring.(Servicing nightmare)

Worked with designer, grouped rooms together, play with tube spacing, and got it down to 10 zones & 1-temp.
    Always like circulators over zone vlves.

Was very lucky to have so much room. (20') (you just have to require it??) Jesse, I will be leaving complete system info, maunals, wiring for you. They will be in a (wood mail box/ Cover letter plaque) that we make.I will post pic soon.

• Xc8p2dC_2
    Xc8p2dC_2 Member Posts: 150
    Gotta luv the ultra's

The Propress system is quite a pleasure to look at as well

Just got my Ultra80 today before the March tax deadline incentive ended

LOOK for my "FREE VACATION 2 DAY, STAY ON CAPE COD" this summer as I hope to get it installed, in the off season
This discussion has been closed.