Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Showrooms

Options
Radiant Wizard
Radiant Wizard Member Posts: 159
Do most of you that do the plumbing end of the home use your wholesaler's showroom or do you have your customer purchase themselves and you install?

I ask this question for this reason. I have a beautiful kitchen and bath showroom. It's "ACTIVE". I have 4 working whirlpools, 2 working Air tubs, a working shower complete with body sprays and rain heads, working lav facuets and a working kitchen area featuring 17 working sinks and faucets to inclde pot fillers, garbage disposal, instant hot water makers, under coutner water chiller and point of use filtration. I also have a whole house carbon backwash filtration system set up as all of the above is filters, plumbed and vented into the buildings system. I am also in the process of adding a working steam shower and coming soon working towel warmers, panel baseboard and radiant displays. With all this I cannot get my trade guys to use my showroom as they say that the homeowners purchase the fixtures themselves because they can't make any $$$ on them.

I tried to overcome this buy offering them a credit on there account between the differnce in price between what they would pay and what the homeowner would pay if they send people to the showroom but I can't even get them to do that. It's like they are throwing "free" money away.

What do your showrooms offer you in your market?

Comments

• Kevin_54
    Kevin_54 Member Posts: 30
    Options

Sounds like a great showroom. As far as the question-I generally won't send a customer to a showroom alone due to the fact that the salesman usually does not know the details of the job and are willing to sell the customer anything which leads to customer letdown when they are told that the specific product they selected will not work in their application or that it will cost more than they expected to install.If i am trying to close a sale and it takes a trip to the showroom with the customer to seal the deal then i will take the time out to do this.I have had to make several trips to the showroom with customers after they already ordered materials the salesman recommended that not only won't work in their homes but products that are not compatible with each other( EG:Sinks and Faucets).Offering a discount and putting money in my pocket is something that will always interest me.
This discussion has been closed.