Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco 00 IFC could overpump?

Big Ed
Big Ed Member Posts: 1,117
I would use the IFC on certain applacations...... Like with a outdoor reset boiler ,on a zone valve set up or where the radiation is lower then pump or a on demand boiler with one zone.I would not use a IFC say on a converted gravity system running a coil. Once that water moves a little spring is not going to hold it back....

It has it's place.....

Comments

• Mellow_2
    Mellow_2 Member Posts: 204
    the instructions say

That the taco 00 IFC circulators can fail or overpump if the check valve is removed. Why would this happen? The 007 ifc looks just like the normal 007(without the check)..... Why would you need the check to hold the circ back? I was reading the last post on taco check valves and it made me wonder, what changed in the 007?...... The last post was on the check valves and how they could fail and If temp. had anything to do with the check leaking by. Will the higher temps make the plastic check weaker so it could open easyer. I like the IFC circs but see the same problems you would have in all flow checks. (dirt, soilder,) Most of the time the IFC seems to work better than the standard check and can make the job easyer. thanks mellow
  • Doug Bird
    Doug Bird Member Posts: 22

When we designed the 007-IFC with the patented "valve in the suction", we improved the hydraulics of the pump to provide higher flow than a standard 007 with an in-line flow check. So it really expanded the range of uses into larger zones and larger Indirects where you may have used a 0010 with an in-line flow check in the past.

If you took the valve out, (not sure why you would do that by the way) you removed the resistance we designed into the hydraulics. In some case, if system resistance was low enough,the circ could possibly over-pump and exceed the UL amp ratings. So we added the caution label for saftey reasons.

However, since July 2005, we now build the 007-IFC with the check in the discharge, so you can remove the valve if you choose without any problems.
  • Joe Mattiello_2
    Joe Mattiello_2 Member Posts: 94
    the IFC used anytime

The integral flow check is a great alternative to an inline check valve, because of the minimal pressure drop through the IFC valve as opposed to a significant pressure drop through an external in line check valve. Additionally, the IFC facilitates the piping, saves on overall project cost, and increases performance because of the smaller pressure drop.
    Joe Mattiello
    Technical Support Technician
    Tel. 401-942-8000 X 484
    Fax. 401-942-2360
    1160 Cranston St
    Cranston, RI 02920
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
  • Ron Schroeder
    Ron Schroeder Member Posts: 998

Hi Joe,

Where can I get pump curves for both the old and the new configuration of the 007IFC? How about curves of the new 007IFC with the check valve removed?

Have you ever thought of selling the check valves in an inline package (without a pump) for installations where a flo-check can't be oriented properly?

Thanks,

Ron Schroeder
  • Joe Mattiello_2
    Joe Mattiello_2 Member Posts: 94

The curves are the same, for the ifc suction, and discharge version. When the check is removed from the 007 IFC on the discharge side the curve is the same as the standard 007. hopefully this helps.

Joe Mattiello
    Technical Support Technician
    Tel. 401-942-8000 X 484
    Fax. 401-942-2360
    1160 Cranston St
    Cranston, RI 02920
    joemat@taco-hvac.com
This discussion has been closed.