Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

business leads

The biggest problem with that "service" is that anyone can go on the service magic site and punch in information on what they want done. They are not prequalified in any manner. Worthless. Your time and money are wasted. Any lead I accepted and paid for, I never even got my foot in the door of any (not a single) lead. It is one of those sites where alot of people websurfing go to with their dream sheet of work they want done. Anyone I ever called were always just tire kicking. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS "SERVICE"!!!!

Darin

Comments

• jacsul
    jacsul Member Posts: 4
    Business leads

Hello, I've been in the home repair & improvement business for a while now. I plan to increase my sales by by about 5%. Has anyone ever used a company called service magic? If so, what do you think, I've inquired about their service and they've been hounding me for about 2 weeks now, but they won't furnish a list of contractors who use them, sounds like a scam.
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    lead generator?

I will admit that sales leads come from many directions and it is always wise to keep your eyes open but...

The thought of using these types of services has never interested me.

Who actually payes the invoice?
    This lead generators cut of the work?
    In a dispute will they back you or the client regardless of the circumstances?
    Do they determine your cost of doing business and set the billing rates?

I have taken a pass in the past and will do so in the future.

Keith
  • B. Tice
    B. Tice Member Posts: 206
    Servicemagic

I used to use it. It definately works, the only drawback is you have to pay for each lead. I would try it out. You can always cancel.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jeff Lawrence_25
    Jeff Lawrence_25 Member Posts: 746
    Service Magic

They contacted me after I did a job for a customer that recommended me to them. It turns out that the customer had gotten 2 other quotes from SM contractors. The contractors had to pay SM to be able to just look at the description the customer posted. It doesn't matter if the contractor got the job or not, they had to pay. You always have the chance to look over the very general spec’s the customer posts and decide if you want to look further or not.

I didn’t feel it fit into my business plan, so I said no.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    leads

I almost signed up with them in srpt but decided not to it yes they generate leads and charge you for each lead they send you how does an out of state company know if your prices are fair?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    Lead Generation

If you are looking for leads why not try Find A Professional on this site? My ad brings in more business than I am able to handle. -DF

• terry_5
    terry_5 Member Posts: 92
    leads

good and bad,Like any other marketing lead co.Take the service calls and make more $$$$ than the install work!
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

I just found a gold mine for generating leads. Each county and city office can give you info including mailing adresses for building permits that have been requested. I wrote up a breif letter and sent brochures. It has been very positive.
  • terry_5
    terry_5 Member Posts: 92

Each county also has recent home sales!In Chicago they send you on disc for 100$ per year all recent home sales.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    And

his first three months will be absolutely free. From there, he can decide whether he wants to keep seeing new business as potential customers read about his services.

Retired and loving it.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    And

his first three months will be absolutely free. From there, he can decide whether he wants to keep seeing new business as potential customers read about his services.

Retired and loving it.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Best money spent has been on this site for the "Find a Pro".

• Guy_6
    Guy_6 Member Posts: 450
    real estate

If you are looking for new homeowners, who are a great market, hook up with a local realtor. Real estate agents are usually self employed, and affiliated with a brokerage house. Because they are self employed, they rely heavily on referrals. They will gladly refer you (provided the quality is there) and all they ask is that you return the referral. Your connections benefit them, and yours in turn gets them customers.
  • Jeremy_3
    Jeremy_3 Member Posts: 13

We've been using Service Magic for 4 years now. Very happy with the leads - you have to set your parameters very tight in order to get the leads you want. We have a good closing ratio with new equipment leads we get from them. We also get service appointments from the leads we get from them.

You have to pay for your leads one way or another (Except the 3 free months on Find A Pro) and we felt it was worth the money to get these leads. How many leads are pre-qualified when you put an ad in the newspaper or yellow pages. The customers that go on this web site are looking for a contractor to give them an estimate just as much as someone who picks your name out of the paper or phone book.

Never had a problem with the company - even got a refund when the same customer put in multiple requests and they all came to us. We have not been involved in any disputes so I can't comment on their dispute resolution.
This discussion has been closed.