Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Two of the finest gentlemen around

Options
I just wanted to share with everyone that I had the privilage today to have Dan Holohan, and John Hazen White Jr.(owner of Taco) at my home today, to learn a little bit about making wine, and actually contributing to the wine making effort of there own personal batch of Merlot.Yes these great men took time from there busy schedules, to spend time with an ordinary guy like me, to learn this art. I am a passionate wine maker, and just started this hobby 4 years ago. I have won numerous awards in wine tasting events during this time, and have shared many of these wines with friends and colleagues which have included Dan and John. They liked the wine so much, that they had metioned that they wanted to learn how to do it, so I called them on it, and they both came. For those of you that dont know,John and Dan are the most down to earth kind of guys you can hang around with.They dont let there fame and wealth go to there heads and look down on the little guy like myself. (corporate america ceos should learn a thing or two from these guys). These guys got right down and dirty in the process of this wine making. I feel it more of an honor having spent the morning with John and Dan at my home,learning something from me, Than I would have if it was the President of the United states at my home. As a matter of fact, I nominate John Hazen White Jr. for President, and Dan Holohan for Vice president....... The country definately would be a better place to live in.

Steve

Comments

• Ted G
    Ted G Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Wine

Good to see you around Steve. I'd like to try some of that famous wine.
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Options
    That's Amazing

Wow, what a crew! Now, one question? In the last picture I think I see pictures of my old girlfriend on the wall...

Slainte'

Rick
  • Brad White_200
    Brad White_200 Member Posts: 148
    Options
    Talk about Grape Smugglers.... :)

Right on all counts! I second the nominations... fine gentlemen all. What a fine way to spend a drizzly morning.

Steve, it is great to see your name again. You seem to be doing well.

So, what do you use that covered swimming pool back there for? The large batches?
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,525
    Options
    What a good time that was!

Just got home, Steve. Thanks for making us a wonderful memory. Can't wait to drink the results!
    Retired and loving it.
  • John White
    John White Member Posts: 120
    Options
    memories

This was one of those times I would call a life experience. Dan and Steve, we made great memories.
    Brad, that pool is just the BEGINNING of the back yard. Steve G, for those who don't know him, is one cool guy. Cool is the wrong word, perhaps. Maybe deep is more like it. I don't think there is anything he doesn't do!!! And I thought I knew how to enjoy life!!!!
    Thanks guys, and best to all. Johnny
This discussion has been closed.