Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water

Options
Thank you. My former comrades (Marines) have been much on my mind for years and especially the last few days.

Comments

• mp1969
    mp1969 Member Posts: 226
    Options
    Water

There is only one thing that comes close to water in importance and that is "Freedom"

On this Memorial Day and everyday take time to remember those past and present who have sacrificed so much for what many of us take for granted "freedom". I must admit that I had other priorities until my sons went into the military. Now things like sports teams and bank accounts are secondary to the safety of those who wilfully defend our freedom(s) around the world.

I get chills up my spine when I think about the worry we had when our youngest son put four years in the Marines. That chill returns when I pick up a paper and read about another life lost in the battle(s) against terrorism.

We can disagree with our leaders decisions and subsquent blunders, however no blame should be put on those who volunteer and defend this great nation.

I have the utmost respect for each and every one of them, their loved ones and families. I know I am not alone.

God Bless America, and may peace and freedom prevail!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,526
    Options
    I spent

an hour yesterday at the WWII memorial in D.C., thinking about my father. I pointed out his five landings, now written in stone, to my daughters.

The new memorial is such a wonderful place. I hope to visit it often as I grow older, and I'll always remember him and all that he did.

Thanks, Dad. Rest in peace.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.