Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Calling Dave Yates

Dave Yates (PAH)
Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
and don't see any from you. Please re-send. Thanks.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=98&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    have you checked your email?

just wondering if you got what I sent you.

Larry
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    OK

just sent it again. hope this works.
  • Christian Egli_2
    Christian Egli_2 Member Posts: 812
    Since we have Dave Yates on the line

I love the public washroom story you wrote for Contractor, I love flush valves, and I love the way you came out as the genius who eyeballed the water pressure. Foolproof.

Just to bore you with my life.

I once had a similar problem. The standing water pressure was around 15 PSI, the flush valves metered each flush just fine even though Sloan says you need 20 PSI minimum, but of course what didn't happen is a proper swirl. For that more pressure was needed. And for that there was a pressure booster pump, but when the pump was on, the flush valves would run on endlessly, and a proper swirl was rarely achieved. My big problem was air bubbles being sucked into the system by a leaky backflow preventer.

Since air is only good for breathing, we fixed the leak, but all this was probably caused by an overpowering pump. I did not check that, I had not read your article. Thanks.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    nuttin boring

bout your life! Least ways, not from your posts I've read. No genious here, just a boat-load of common sense to guide me through the canals of life. Soon as I spied that tower, I knew the rosy pressure projection was bunk. As they say liars figure, but figures don't lie!

BTW, speaking of widow-maker vaults..... Today's multiple confined-space entries proved that if you don't test you can't know and if you don't test you might never know - anything ever again! O2 was 16% in the first meter/backflow 10' deep vault - at head height & less near the floor. 15-minutes of ventillation & it was 21.6%. Once in, I walked the probe back to the far recesses and O2 was still above 21%. The hoist & harness is a fun way to get back out & we test it on every occasion.

2nd vault tested A-ok. Same property, just a few hundred feet apart.

That 4-gas tester is worth its weight in gold.

Why do OSHA regs allow the harnessed individual to disconnect while in the pit???

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.