Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lost my heat in one zone and need help

hal_4
hal_4 Member Posts: 6
I HAVE A WEIL MCLEAN NATURAL GAS FURNANCE/BOILER. I HAVE 2 THERMOSTATS..ONE FOR THE MAIN FLOOR AND 1 FOR THE 2ND FLOOR.

I HAVE NO HEAT ON THE 2ND FLOOR. WHEN I RAISE THE TEMP ON THE TERMOSTAT NOTHING HAPPENS.

WHEN I TOUCH THE PIPES COMING OUT OF THE CIRCULATOR AND FLOW CHECK THERE HOT....BUT JUST A FEW FEET AWAY THERE COLD...THE MORE I MOVED AWAY FROM THE CIRCULATOR AND FLOW CHECK THE COLDER THESE PIPES GET.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Comments

• lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    could be

It could be any number of things. Is the thermostat working? Is it a digital thermostat with batteries and have they been changed? Is the zone actually calling and the circulator has failed? Is it the system is air bound? Is there water pressure in the system? And on and on...Alot of thing's possible... I would check the obvious and then contact a pro if it's not the basic's...IMHO
  • hal_4
    hal_4 Member Posts: 6
    HELP HELP

INSTALLED NEW THERMOSTAT JUST IN CASE. PRESSURE IS 15LBS..THERMOSTAT SHOWS THAT ITS CALLING FOR HEAT.AND THE BATTERIES MUST BE GOOD BECAUSE ITS DIGITAL AND I SEE THE DISPLAY..THE SYSTEM IS A WEIL MCLEAN HYDRO IS THERE ANY WAY T MAKE SURE THE CIRCULATOR IS WORKING????I TRIED A SCREW DRIVER AGAINST ALL OF THE CIRCS AND IT SEEMS ALL ARE HUMMING IF THAT MEANS ANYTHIG
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    shut the power off to the boiler..

take the wire out of the pump ,....get an extention cord plug it into the yellow and white wires the pump should make... if not give the back of the pump a palm heel strike and see if that causes it to then function....

• Reed
    Reed Member Posts: 56
    Air bound?

If you find that circ is working and still no heat is there any purge set up to purge the air from that loop.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Or

you could just call somebody that knows what they're doing and be warm already(without buying a thermostat you didn't need)I get calls at least 5 times a week from people who had no heat and bought a thermostat at HD,why do people think it's the thermostat? The only part of the system they interface with?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Bob Scofield
    Bob Scofield Member Posts: 1
    Urge to Purge

That the problem is on the second floor and that it's the begining of the heating season indicates that your "high-lines" need to be purged of air.
This discussion has been closed.