Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

tekmar b.c.262 use and wiring

it is not prim/sec loop ,it does not have dhw it has two main loop pumps one on each boiler

Comments

• tekmar b.c.262 use and wiring

we recently installed 2 burnham v908 commercial hot water boilers. the PLANNERS then decided to use a tekmar 262 boiler control to run units and provide outdoor reset .problem is their is only one thermostat and two circulators. boilers are piped like this:two seperate supplys through circulators to one large main and two seprate returns from one large main.is it possible to wire this to work? help!i have tried a couple different ways with honeywell r832 relays but it still does not seem right.anyone have an idea?
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    A Picture would be nice

Is your current pipping arrangement a primary/Sec. design? Are you using DHW? Without going to Techmar, I am thinking there is a more suitable control for your application. Is there a main loop pump?

Mike T.
  • clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,104
    boiler circ

If i am understanduing you each boiler has it's own pump use the circ/aquastat on each boiler to control the boilers pump and have the contacts on the tekmar make tt on the boiler relay .Do you have a seperate system pump if so use a outdoor sensor to activate that pump .If your still having promblems go to the tekmar site and download some applaication manauls,i have used some tekmar controls in the past and never really found any of there wiring difficult at all you do have to have some sort of hind site though when planning it out if you where able to run with out the controller then you should be able to run it with it peace and good luck clammy
    R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating
  • hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    Tekmar

The Tekmar in this application will stage the heat ( boilers ) based on the discharge water temp ( discharge sensor needs to be placed on a common supply pipe *i.e secondary ). The discharge setpoint will change based on the outside temperature ( via the outdoor sensor ). Boiler pumps should be controlled from thier respective boilers aquastats ( as someone stated earlier ). Many Tekmar controls I've worked with have provision to control the secondary pump ( warm weather shut down / heat demand feature I believe ). Thier o&m literature will have the info you need. - Mike
This discussion has been closed.