Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Anybody hear from Tankless

I feel so useless.

I woke at 4 this morning with a feeling of dread, & saw our wonderful Governor, Kathleen Blanco and Mayor Ray Nagin crying on TV. trying to keep it together.

Rescuers are bypassing floating bodies to get to the living, it's heartbreaking. I now truly know what "a heavy heart" feels like.

Job meeting/interview this morning, but I'm telling him that I won't be able to start for a while. I don't know what I can do, but I'm volunteering anyway.

Thanks for all the prayers everyone, they're badly needed.

The Red Cross BADLY needs money. Checks need to marked "Katrina Relief".

I must get out of the house, or I'll go crazy.

Talk to you all later.

Jeff, If your family can get out, & needs to leave, they are more than welcome at my home. You have my Ph #s, they are:
(337) 738 3061 home
337) 309 7539 cell

Brian.

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Anybody hear from Tankless?

Or Jeff Lawrence? Looks like things are bad and getting worse down there. Wish there was something I could do besides just give money to the Red Cross.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    I haven't heard

From Tankless in Lake Charles, but I did hear from my cousin.

My cousin went Baton Rouge, but her husband stayed behind in Metarie.

I spoke with him this evening. He wasn't flooded out by the storm. He has no electicity or water, but he does have phone service. He's flushing the toilet by dipping water from his neighbors swimming pool. He did lose about half of the metal roof for his carport, but the house is virtually undamaged. He took in an 'arthritic old neighbor' from down the street.

All in all, he's doing fine. His son went to check on his mother, about 4 miles away, but got in the wrong lane and got sent to Baton Rouge instead. Hopefully, my cousin and his son will be allowed back Monday and will bring some necessities back with them.

I offered him my 5K generator and a working window AC unit, but he dosen't want to fool with that kind of stuff. he does have things to do, but can't get them done because the phone won't stop ringing!

Jeff

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bob Sweet
    Bob Sweet Member Posts: 540
    Steve

Check out Summer Winding Down thread Tankless posted his situation.
  • You're a good man , Brian

I just made a donation online to the Red Cross . Took a while to get in - the site must be overloaded with donations , I hope .

https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
This discussion has been closed.