Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin installation

Chuck Shaw_4
Chuck Shaw_4 Member Posts: 66
would we have posted it on the web site. Buy the way, that is the first Munchkin, and it is in the home of one of the production engineers.

Chuck

Comments

• Anthony D.
    Anthony D. Member Posts: 63
    Mounting options

I saw a picture on the munchin website that showed a munchkin mounted onto of a superstor indirect. Has anyone on this site done this or know if this makes for a good installation in a tight spot? Also is there any mounting brackets available for wall mounting the 140M?

I'd like to vent up the existing 7" double wall chimney, but not sure how to prevent rain water from coming down the open flue, anyone have any ideas?

Thank you
    Anthony D.
  • Chuck Shaw_4
    Of course someone has done it

there is a picture of it on the web site. All kidding aside. It is done frequently. There are no special mounting brackets.

Fax a drawing of how you want to vent the unit to the tech support department tomorrow morning. As best you can, include any and all measurements that you have. Include a phone number, and we will do our best to get back to you with any recommendations or suggestions as quickly as possible.

Chuck Shaw
    Tech Support Dept.
    Heat Transfer Products.
    fax 508-763-4909
  • Anthony D.
    I statement I live by....

...is "just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be done".

Thank you, I'll contact you tomorrow.

Anthony D.
  • Anthony D.

Chuck which superstor models have all the connections on the side? and is there an anode at the top?
  • Chuck Shaw_4
    all the

SSU models have the connections on the side. The SSC have them on the top. With a Stainless steel tank, there is no need for an anode. The only thing on the top, is the button where they inject the insulation.

Chuck
  • Anthony D.

Great! Thank you.

In the picture I referred to, is the boiler only sitting on the tank or is there some kind of support as well?

This discussion has been closed.