Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

De Dietrich H/E Cast Iron Boiler

Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
I have recently been introduced to the line and I am using it with my Buderus and Viessmann line up.

Edit: Buderus and Viessmann can do the same as the DeDietrich. In fact, you must buy a DeDeitrich controler to run the boiler. No honeywell limit control.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Burnerboy
    Burnerboy Member Posts: 2
    De Dietrich H/E Cast Iron Boiler

Many people talk about Buderus, Burnham, Weil-Mclain, the problems they have with them and the the good stuff to but I never see anyone mention a De Dietrich boiler ever!! Are these boilers not available to your area?? If you are lookin for a boiler that can take return water temps at 104 deg F on warm days ? If you are running a high temp system for the winter months (160f - 180f) a condensing boiler will only see its true effiency in spring and fall were you would run the boiler around 120f - 140f. You can not do that with any of the boilers mentioned at the top but the De Dietrich can have a delta T of 81 Deg F through the boiler. I'm talking about eutechtic cast iron not your standard grey cast iron sections you see on every North American boiler.

I would like to hear from anybody who has seen, installed, or serviced a De Dietrich boiler because the contractor must know what is available to them and there customers. Please visit www.dedietrich-canada.com/ for more info and clarity on what eutechtic cast iron can do for you!

Always burning with intelligence!!
    Burnerboy!!!!
    Winterpeg
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    I do not believe

that boiler is too common in Western Canada. I have used other condensing boilers with low temp returns with great success. The modulating Ultra has worked very well for me in a number of applications.
  • Burnerboy
    Burnerboy Member Posts: 2

Boiler Guy, De Dietrich is not a condensing boiler. De Dietrich is a H/E cast iron boiler, starts at 300MBH to 6800MBH. A Ultra ends at 310MBH and is a true condensing boiler. I'm trying to say is you would not buy a Ultra for a high temp system because you would not get anywhere near 98% eff. as they state!!

I use Riello burners with the De Dietrich boilers and found to have great success with our Local School Div. with 80 Schools. Nothing but positive feed back from the contractors as well.

Next!?!
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Sorry

These questions led me in the wrong direction: ""Are these boilers not available to your area??If you are lookin for a boiler that can take return water temps at 104 deg F on warm days?"" You are correct about spring and fall efficiencies but with the correct I/O set up and modulation good results can be obtained throughout the heating season, especially with old cast iron systems. BTW where are you located?
This discussion has been closed.