Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitodens neutralizer kit

Matt_21
Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
neutralizer kit for the vitodens or do you just make them yourself. if homemade, i'd like a picture if you have one available.

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Do a search...

... and you will find several home-made on this site, complete with pictures.

I believe Mike T. from Swampeast MO has one made of a tupperware box + a rain sensor (to track condensate), others used similar containers and limestone or marble chips to prevent their cast iron mains from being rotted out.
  • Mike T., Swampeast MO
    Mike T., Swampeast MO Member Posts: 6,928

This one's really much larger than necessary, but it's in a basement that will never be finished. Two PVC pipes you see are for the rainfall sensor to dump water (it pivots from side-to-side).

Made the drain connection with a ¾" PVC male adapter, two rubber o-rings, two flat galvanized washers and a ¾" conduit nut. No leaks.

Used 5-gallon bucket of ¼" crushed limestone from the local quarry. Should take a LONG time to dissolve that much stone.

Not as pretty as the Viessmann unit, but at about $20 cost (limestone was free), I won't complain.
  • BIG V's neutralizer

It's not that expensive. $45.00 or less. I've made a few of my own but, no more. Why bother? Theire's is a whole lot better looking than what I've made. To each their own.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.