Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil Furnaces

Maine Ken
Maine Ken Member Posts: 531
I agree, TPride first!!!! Same numbers for us as well.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=346&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    A customer wants

to replace his oil furnace. I put a heat pump on top of it a few years back and now he wants to replace the furnace underneath it. I don't often work on oil so I don't know much about the different brands, but I do want to install a reliable, well built furnace that is easy to service and maintain. I heard that Olsen is such a furnace. Does anyone have an opinion or can share their experience on recommended brands. Thanks in advance. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Maine Ken

Olsen- lifetime warranty on hx. Easy to service (relatively). Close to price of Thermopride, but a lot lighter. Check your dimensions and see what fits with minimal changes.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    We install

Thermopride exclusively. There are lots of cheaper oil furnaces out there but none with any huge advantages. They stand behind their product 100% also. We use Riello burners on them and nearly all will hit 85-86% combustion efficiency. Many customers report a 15-20% decrease in fuel use after they have had their old furnace replaced with one of these.
  • Only Thermo-Pride

I only sell Thermo Pride furnaces. I have never had a problem with them and they are so well constructed that I believe I never will. The new OH6 model is great as well. It is extremely efficient and has an ECM blower. I was one of the dealers that field tested one of these prior to their release and that furnace runs beautiful! Best of luck, Dave Mayer Sr.
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Thermo pride ...echo echo , ..in, here here....

*~/:) then you wont have major dissapointments...
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Olsen Furnaces

Wayne.

My Name is Mike Breault, and I am a technical support representative with ECR International - Olsen Division. We are the manufacturing facility for the Olsen furnace.

I would be more than happy to discuss with you any questions or concerns you may have regarding our product.

Please feel free to call me at 1-888-270-8324. ext 228.

Mike Breault
    ECR International - Olsen Division
    Technical services

"Your Single Source Solution for HVAC Products!"
  • Wayco Wayne
    Wayco Wayne Member Posts: 615
    Thank you

for your responses. I would like to know why you like the Thermopride. I've never heard or seen it. I don't even know if it is availible in my area. The Olsen however is carried by the local RE Michel. Is the TP that much better that I should search it out??? WW

• Scott Kneeland
    Scott Kneeland Member Posts: 158
    T-Pride new OH-6

Thermopride is the only real choice, They now have a OH6 series it is 11" shorter than the OH5 series this may help with the needed room for the coil. I have always paid quite a bit more for T-Pride than Olsen around $400. Maine Ken you better check out the supplier you get Olsen from that pricing sounds HI

• Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    please see above.

Mike Breault ECR International - Olsen Division Technical services

"Your Single Source Solution for HVAC Products!"
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    WW

ThermoPride is sold to licensed contractors only, direct from the factory. They have 2 plants, one in North Judson Indiana and the other in North Carolina I think. There are no wholesalers that I know of. Their number is 1-800-348-5130 or you can go to www.thermopride.com

Here's some of the things I like about their oil units.
    You have your choice of direct or belt drive blower.
    They still use ceramic refractory. Beckett burner standard with Riello optional. The HX is lifetime warranted to the original and all subsequent owners. It's made out of 13ga. copper coated steel and has an octagonal shape that facilitates good heat transfer and cleaning. The octagon shape eliminates square corners that you can't get around with a brush but provides sufficient turbulence for good heat transfer. Some furnaces have round shaped HX's that don't get all they can out of the flue gas. They have a standard 5 year warranty on all parts. The cabinet on the Thermopride is as heavy gauge as the HX material I've seen on some oil furnaces. Their heat exchangers are sized for a specific output. Some mfr's use the same HX for units ranging from .65 to 1.00 firing rates. What do you think happens at the bottom and the top of those ranges if the duct system isn't quite right or the blower speed is not what it should be.

Am I sounding like a ThermoPride salesman yet?

Need any more reasons? Call 'em up tomorrow. They are a great company to work with. Kinda like the VIessmann of the F/A world.

PS. If you do gas furnaces, you might want to check them out also. Their 90+ uses a tubular, 409 stainless primary HX and the secondary is AL29-4C. Compare that to the plastic secondary on Carrier or the folded metal primary on darn near anything else out on the market.
  • Maine Ken

The octagons are oil and gas friendly. Swap back and forth all you want!!!!

This discussion has been closed.