Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

GE boilers have asbestos?

Mark,

On the couple that I have inspected there was no asbestos (or anything that looked like it could be...) I was expecting it to be like many of the old monsters and packed full or having the blankets along the inside walls of the cabinets but to my surprise there was none... Of course I have never completely taken one apart but I did try to find it since I was expecting it. If you look in the library (links off to the left) there is actually one of the original brochures and a lot of specs on the GE boilers.

Comments

• Mark_58
    Mark_58 Member Posts: 1
    GE boilers have asbestos?

Does anyone have any specifications or information that the GE boilers made in the 50's and 60's contained asbestos insulation?
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Other than

a few gaskets where the nozzle assembly inserts at the top, the flame detecter gasket and perhaps an OEM front door gasket, there is no asbestos on the G.E. since after WWII, 1946.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • STEVEN MARKS
    STEVEN MARKS Member Posts: 154

I have seen and replaced GE boilers that have and have not contained asbestos. Boilers that contain asbestos I have always recommended an abatement contractor to customer not wanting anything to do with myself.
This discussion has been closed.