Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Side job nightmare!!!!

jeff_51
jeff_51 Member Posts: 545
thats the kind of home owmer you don't want to work for. Kind of like the guys who thought they were getting a deal when they bought yugos. Little money up front, but a whole lot more down the road.

Comments

• Dof3
    Dof3 Member Posts: 120
    Side job nightmare!!!

I stopped to fix a Wirsbo 5/8 line that a plumber friend of mine cut by accident. The house is a new one that I bid on and was told "you are way to much money". They had a "friend" put the tubing in and oh my gosh what a job. He ran 1 tube between every floor joist and put al. pans on all of them. He put the pans up with screws,about 20 per pan. He put the pans under hardwood and tile floors. He ran all of the leaders up outside walls then bunched them together with zip ties and put steel 2 hole clamps around them. I told the HO about Munchkin boilers and IDWH and somehow or another he got them. No heat load was done or any kind of formal layout. He got a M199 and a SSU60 super saver water heater. He had air handlers put in for the a/c systems. So, evidentaly he is using the infloor for his only source of heat. In a sad sort of way I feel sorry for this HO clown.
  • Dof3
    It is kind of sad..........

So I don't know why I laugh when I drive by the house. When they put that underlayment down it won't be a heating system, it will be a sprinkler system!!
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Sounds to me

If you haven't messed with it yet ..... you best high tail it outta there!!!!!!
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    Trust Boiler guy *~/:) he seems to have shined up the crystl

Ball and menkel menkel ....(see's the writing on the wall) :)
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Sounds like...

they go one of them real good internet systems. I'd go back and ask him for your business card back...Maybe they'll get the hint then.

ME
  • Boiler Guy
    Boiler Guy Member Posts: 585
    Weezbo ?

"Ball and menkel menkel" forgive me .... Tundra humour or am I just in a fog? :-(
  • Dof3
    I don't think so

The guy that did the work is employed by a big reputible company. I would have thought it would be a better job. It looks like a 10 year old did it. If only the inspectors had some sort of a clue. This HO is in for a big surprize.
  • Dof3
    hook up

Oh my gosh, they asked me to hook this thing up . No way!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,272
    Have you heard...

...of "The Jabberwocky" by Lewis Carroll? http://www.jabberwocky.com/carroll/jabber/jabberwocky.html It tells a story by putting together things that sound like words, but might not be. "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe." Sounds just like Weezbo to me. Lewis Carroll must have copied him in advance. ;~)

Yours, Larry
  • Weezbo
    and Did outgrabe *~/:)

that is extremely observant of you Larry :) how do you ...know this? i am gaining a heck of a respect for OSHA now :)...Dof3,...maybe you better hear Larry out too, he is an inspector and aint missing the minor technicalities , At All :) think of it like this, if i can see this then whats hiding in the walls that isnt so easily and readily discernable?.....crystal ball and writing on the wall some times is itself insufficently illuminating investigative practice...
  • Dof3
    Huh!!!

Dude, I can't understand a word you said. Not just now but ever.
  • Weezbo
    I dont know if thats a good thing ornot :)

it Might be a good thing :) whatever... :) i too just connected a system with some of the very same sorta features...i have to belive that is why we are called in the first place because if AnyOne can make sence out of it it has to be one of us :) it is like reverse engineering ,theoretical imaginary mathmatics, and a dosage of wrench slinging ,lineal circuit analysis and the prayers from our long deceased relatives that some day we wouldnt have a job as crummby as thiers.:)it is my opinion that wisdom comes from careful consideration and gathering council on a matter before undertaking the work...i am an optomist and even to me it sounds like i would let the fire of my shoes getting away from the people.... at your earliest possible convienience :)
  • Ragu
    Ragu Member Posts: 138
    Zen Heating

Weez...I think I got it. First there is a boiler, then there is no boiler, then there is...
  • Weezbo
    It is all a Grand Illusion.

only the aeroplanes will see that boiler :)
This discussion has been closed.