Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Water Heaters. . . tankless/instantaneous. . .

Keith_11
Keith_11 Member Posts: 25
I'm doing a rehab of an older dwelling in an equipment/laundry room that is extremely cramped, and the homeowner is pushing for me to install a tankless water heater, the type that is extremely high recovery (i.e., can fulfill the demands of a three person family) but that does not have standby losses in heating water that isn't used. I've checked out AO Smith's models, but they're very certain to say that their units will not be suitable for continuous usage. Anybody install one of these before? Any brand recommendations or horror stories? The homeowner is set on getting rid of his 50 gallon tank, and I'd honestly like to do a nice, clean install of something different. Thanks.
Keith

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=347&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Bill_14
    Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
    Hope others weigh in...

I also need some recommendations on Tankless Water Heaters.

Bill
  • jim lockard_2
    jim lockard_2 Member Posts: 4
    Rinnai

I have installed the Rinnai tankless heater and there great. They have both inside and outside wall mounted units and will run 4 gallon per min. hot water forever. The one draw back is you are going to need a gas line sized for 180,000 btus. Best wishes J.Lockard
  • Tankless

Takagi, Noritz and Rinnai are all excellent.

Takagi just came out with a model that condenses for greater efficiency.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bill_14
    Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
    Special Needs?

Alan,

Is there any sort of certification or other approvals needed by the manufacturer to be able to install this equipment? Or does the contractor just need to read their instructions and proceed?

Bill
  • jim lockard_2
    jim lockard_2 Member Posts: 4
    Class

Bill Rinnai requires that you attend a class.
  • evilwholesaler
    evilwholesaler Member Posts: 9
    Rinnai

I am a wholesaler that carries the Rinnai line, and I can factory certify people to install them. I have sold quite a few of these water heaters, but just recently was granted the power to certify people. I know that I am not up to training a big group at once, but I am curious whether any of the people attending Wirsbos customer appreciation days(preceeding Wetstock), would be interested in having a meeting over a drink or two.
    This be my one and only way to make a contribution to the good people on the wall that obviously have more knowledge and experiance than I ever have hopes of obtaining.
This discussion has been closed.