Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant: Has anyone tried this

Ted_9
Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718
Light weight concrete, 5/16 tubing(Viega pex) stapled down to the sub floor with a 1/2 inch pour on the sub floor. Also will be using sleepers for the finish cork flooring. 6" maybe 5" on center tubing spacing.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=343&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    By lightweight

do you mean a gyp type product? Check with the manufactures, but I think they want at least a 1" pour over the top of the tube?

Maybe the newer high psi versions gyps could pour that thin?

I have done regular pea gravel redi mix as thin as 1-1/2 inch, but it does crack a lot.

Dan Peel, may he rest in piece, would use a thin, dry pack tile setting mixture as thin as 1".

The key to any thin pour is a very stable subfloor and joist system, to prevent flexing of the floor assembly and potential crack and shifting of the "poured" material.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Thanks Hot rod. My hope is that the customer will spend a few and go with the climate Panels.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    The cork

I have been around is generally in a tile type product. So check into this first. If it is a cork tile you will need an underlayment plywood or something.

hot rod

• Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    done it and used 5/8th \" pour....

however it is heavily doseaged with acrylic and it is in bedrooms that have very little pointed weight type furniture within the room...so far so good.:)it isnt like recommended procedure. however, it works fine...

• Have done many bathrooms with 3/8ths Wirsbo Pex on top of tar papered/ wire meshed subfloor covered with highly acrylic'ed concrete base 3/4" to 1" thick.

Haven't had a crack yet. Been doing it for years. Tested it out on my Mom's house years ago and never had so much as a tile bonding issue. I do go thicker with kitchen floors.
This discussion has been closed.