Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam Boiler Pressure problem

I have been asked to visit a building which is having some heating problems. A new Weil McLain Model BG788SF boiler was recently installed in the building to replace the old 60 year old boiler. The new sytem is up and running but it cannot heat the building properly. The boiler runs all day, but cannot develop greater than 7 psi.

I am trying to put together a shopping list of items I should check when I visit the site. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Comments

• Is there....

Any equipment rated for more than 2 PSI operating pressure in that system?
  • Robert O'Connor_7
    Robert O'Connor_7 Member Posts: 688
    D Fruchtman...

When I go-a-visiting, I always bring a gift. Try some properly sized vents and a screw driver and turn your pressure down. Might try finding out where the pressures going and fix the leak if there is one. Are you familiar with steam?...Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Boiler pressure problems

I have a lot of experience with hydronic systems, but not too much with steam. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I don't know, but I will find out.

Dave
  • Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    Just be careful how involved you get............................

You could get a real beatin' if you are not familiar with THE STEAM. Once you touch anything!!!!!!! You will now OWN the problems - trust me. Check it out but keep your hands in your pockets unless you really know what you are doing. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.