Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

So . . . what did you get for Christmas? (Dan H.)

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
bought me a Lay-Z-Boy. It arrives on Thursday. I'm going to set it up by the window with the birdfeeder. Ahhhhhh, life is good.

What did you get?
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• Lisa sent me to pick out a new car.

I pick it up Tuesday, in Hicksville.

It's an '05 Explorer XLT Sport. Red. Leather....

She's so good to me.

Noel
  • DanHolohan
    Well,

that's a good woman!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Floyd_7
    Floyd_7 Member Posts: 136
    My wonderful wife.....

has a Disney Cruise all lined up for the family to leave Jan. 20.

Ahhhhh!!! One week at sea, someplace warm in Jan..... with Mickey and Friends...... I'll be like that Dad in the commercial.......ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!

best of all.... NO heat calls!!!!!

Sorry Dan, would have loved to make Maui, over my birthday....
    but had this planned for 9 months or so.....

maybe next time.....

Floyd
  • Tom_35
    Tom_35 Member Posts: 265
    Christmas gifts

I got the incredible satisfaction of having my kids, grandkids, brother, sister, and associated family here for Christmas dinner.

We provided a Christmas for a family that had nothing---food, clothes, toys, bicycles, and some gift cards. The look on the kids faces was worth it all!

This was the best Christmas yet.

Tom Atchley
  • Murph'_5
    Murph'_5 Member Posts: 349
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    A Merry Christmas Indeed,

Dan, just what you needed another reason to sit and contemplate the meaning of life....and how birds relate to it. What more could you ask for?

I had the (genuine) pleasure of spending the morning and early afternoon with my family. That itself is quite a rareity but in the afternoon got to spend a few hours with the lovely Nancy's family. Haven't seen her brother since High School....Let's just say it was a while ago, and find out he's now with the DEA. Another overlooked branch of the security force since the WTC activities.

That to me is what it's all about. Family and friends, great conversations and catching up with them all after the start of the crazy season.

Happy Holidays to all! Dan, don't ride the chair too long, I think you might be missed. Chris
  • sootmonkey
    sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
    books

Today, while at my mothers house, I went to the upstairs book case to get some of my old books for my 3 year old daughter. Here is what else I found. A complte set of 10 books. They are the "Hawkins Electrical Guide." Copyright 1914. They apper to be leather bound, with gold
  • Paul B._2
    Paul B._2 Member Posts: 62
    Early Birds

Susan was woken up about 2:30 this morning by Sam sitting cross legged at the end of the bed, sucking her thumb and staring at us.

We got her back to sleep and life was good until about 5:00, when we both had to make an early morning rest break. Ian leaked out of the bedroom, followed by Graeme and Liam, and at that point I might as well have headed down to the Beach to hold back the Tide with a Broom.

I give them credit this year, they were remarably reserved compared to years past, when the tree has actually reached down with it's boughs, picked up it's skirt, and bolted from the house in a panic.

I recieved the Gift of Two (yes two) naps on the couch, and the Boy's all playing nicely together for the entire day.

There are truly some things money can't buy.

Merry Christmas,

The Tribe Bock

• Maine doug_4
    Maine doug_4 Member Posts: 1
    The captain

of the vessel on which I am a diving tender gave me my own portable marine radio. We will be out on the water Tuesday for scallops.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    I got..

the gift of all your friendships. What more could a man ask for:-)

Thanks y'all.

ME
  • Larry Weingarten
    Larry Weingarten Member Posts: 3,273
    I got to go play...

in the shop. Now we have the bones of a five foot long copper hummingbird who is destined to live on the roof as a weather-vane. I was given time for perfecting the art of goofing off!

Yours, Larry
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    A chance to help someone and the rather a er salient advise

to step Away from the Coffee pot :)) and lots of warm wishes from family and friends.Merry Christmas .Thank you All .
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    had the joy

Of watching my wife open a gift she never expected. The look was priceless. And spending the day putting game's together with my boy's..Life is great!! Happiness and joy to all!!!! :)
  • CDM2
    CDM2 Member Posts: 18
    Christmas gifts

I had the joy of spending the entire day with with my wife, three kids, and immediate family. The presents were wonderful, but the most enjoyment was watching the excitement on everyones faces. The hugs, the smiles, the tears for those not with us on this earth anymore. (My Dad and brother Darrell. It's not good bye, but "So long, until we meet again").

To see another brother stationed in Germany with his wife and two young children via the web cam. He leaves for Iraq January 9th for a one year tour in Baghdad.

To be with my Mom, who is failing rapidly with a very aggressive case of Alzheimers. Soon she will not be able to read or speak. But today, we rejoice in the good times that are still at hand.

So all in all, my best gifts were not wrapped in paper and bows, but in the love I have in my family and the faith we all share in our Lord Jesus. Afterall, it is about His gift to us all that we celebrate and rejoice this day. Regardless of circumstances, we have a hope and assurance.

May you all enjoy this season of celebration. And as Dan says, "hug your kids", and all those who have special meaning in your lives.

Dean
    CDM2
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200
    Nice!

Hawkins put out some of the best and simple books in their time. I have never seen the electrical series, but do have one of the first mechanical drawing books.(1902)

Our Christmas is filled with family time together and great food. Can't get enough of either. This year was very special to me, my wife did all the shopping, so I had'nt the slightest idea of what to expect and to share that exictiment with the kids was a very special and great time. I did happen to be on the receiving end to a wireless keyboard and mouse... I think they went over our set limit on this one, but I'm not complaining :)

Merry Christmas To All

Bud
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    The peasure was all mine.

My kids are getting so grown up, I was the first one awake. My oldest girl is home from college. I went down and made coffee and finished up a few last minute wrappings. I got to sit and watch the tree and reflect on Xmas's past until they started stirring around 8:30. Much earlier when they were small. Ann gave me a larger monitor for my computer so I can see the fine print better and can see the piping details on all of the cool boiler room pics. She knows me so well. Merrry Xmas to all of my friends on the Wall. .<:)> WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • David Sutton_5
    David Sutton_5 Member Posts: 87
    Santa

was very nice this year, he got me oops i mean my two boys a yerf-dog go cart hehehehe, i bet if i real good the boys might let me try it
  • Sweet
    Sweet Member Posts: 31
    Christmas

3 Days off, Seinfelds first three seasons Neil Diamond old records time with the people who meen the most to me. Wow its good to be alive.And someplace like the Wall to listen to the best of the best. THANKS !!!
  • Rusty_2
    Rusty_2 Member Posts: 4
    I got

Vacation till 1/3. Time to relax with my boys and take the time to remember that what I think is so important all year is really all just details and what I tend to pu off is the real deal. Happy holidays!
  • Christian Egli
    Christian Egli Member Posts: 277

Always good: the company of family and friends,

Best: a telephone call from my brother in Iraq,

Most entertaining: an electronic binary clock that has about two dozen flashing light bulbs that indicate the time in incomprehensible patterns. I have been staring at it for a while. I see stars everywhere.

Happy holidays

Christian Egli
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,981
    My sister just dropped by,

She found what are turning out to be my favorite gift !( she forgot she had them)

A couple of collections of "Calvin and Hobbs" books that she got for me. Anyone???? Bueller?

My all time favorites and as good as any Bloom County writing that there was. Anyone? Bueller.... Chris
  • GaryDidier
    GaryDidier Member Posts: 229
    I got the

Flu for christmas, a full blown case of it. My wife has been by my side spoiling and taking very good care of me.She almost got sent on a service call too! Family is priceless and I am blessed.
    Gary from Granville
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    Let's see

An LL Bean bathrobe that weighs about 5 pounds and one of those new brew style coffe pots from the wife. Nice!

A set of magnetic Ebels Heating Inc. signs for the truck, Lord of the Rings CD set, an Audel's HVAC manual, some other books, an insulated Woolrich shirt from the kids.

More funner than that, I(we) gave, Orvis fly rod outfits to all four boys, Marble's bone handle hunting knives to Andy and Matt, a steam bent hickory rocker to Sue and Mike for their new house and a 27" flat screen TV to Sal and Eric. Barbie scooters to Olivia and Madelyn and a tricycle to Maggie.

I gave the wife an undercounter Sony radio/CD player complete with installation by the resident stud. A little later after everyone was gone, she was, shall we say pleasantly suprised, to receive one of those small boxes that all women love to see. The kind of box that maybe holds a necklace of gold, sapphire and diamond. I'll just say it was a home run and leave it at that.

Giving is so much more fun than receiveing.
  • DanHolohan
    What?

No jerkey?
    Retired and loving it.
  • David_5
    David_5 Member Posts: 250
    Gifts

I enjoyed the pleasure of watching our 2 six year olds open many of the same games that my wife and I played as children. No video games yet.

David
  • S Ebels
    S Ebels Member Posts: 2,322
    No jerky but............

We did consume over 30 pounds of USDA select grade PRIME RIB at the greater Ebels family shindig.

It was, in a word, CHOICE!! as brother Mark the meat man says.
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    Lisa's choice in cars is,

shall we say, "superbly enlightened."

With regard however to her taste in choosing a life-mate, a few have more than a raised eyebrow...

Then moving from the colegial and most beautiful part of the White Mountains, to the "suspect" region of Lawn Guy Land, NY not that far from one Dan Holohan's crib; where cows are all in petting zoos and sweet and sour shrimp does not come in a can, was rather revealing about your long term judgement skills(:-o)

If you get my drift...

Most inportant of my tongue-in-cheek derision is this one:

Merry Christmas

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • B. Tice
    B. Tice Member Posts: 206
    Calvin &..........

Hey Chris, I am a fan also. How come all the good cartoonists retire or slip out of public view?
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    A Wonderfull Christmas

With family and friends. We go to my mothers house very Christmas Eve and as my father had done for fourty years, cooked lingucia in the old electric skillet. Stood on the kitchen with the cousins and told dirty jokes.

The Lovely Betsy gave me a guitar. A Gibson epiphone, is that right ? I have wanted to play for years and now I can struggle and learn.

The best was my son's Christams lesson, I'll tell that when I get the pictures.

OH YEA !! And Two Feet of Freakin SNOW !!!

Scott

• HODale
    HODale Member Posts: 4
    The most wonderful gift...

...a noisy house full of kids and grandkids... especially my two new granddaughters experiencing their first Christmas. Lots of love and the joy of watching everybody open the gifts we got them. Had fun loading up my newly-apprenticed son with a starter array of hand tools and something to carry them in. And the other boy received the neatest, most compact right-angle drill I think I've ever seen (Makita). It'll come in handy in the 70 year old row home he's in the process of restoring. Oh, and plenty (too much) to eat. It was truly a blessed Christmas at Chez Dale.

My big present was a big honking Ingersoll Rand air compressor that now sits bolted to the floor in my slowly-coming-together workshop. Time to strike up the torch and finish running the air lines.

The best of the season to everyone here on The Wall :-)
  • Mike Reavis_2
    Mike Reavis_2 Member Posts: 307
    yuck, \"figgy pudding\" again this year!

• Joannie_4
    Joannie_4 Member Posts: 6
    Hey, Doug

Which bridge is that?
  • Maine doug
    Maine doug Member Posts: 47
    It is

the Waldo-Hancock bridge between the 2 counties over the Pnobscot River. You can sort of make out the booster cables over the main cable. Seems that 23 percent of the wires in the south main cable are broken. A result of not maintaining the 70 year old bridge. The Town of Bucksport is in the background where I live. Verona Island to the right, Bar Harbor 40 miles to the southeast.

A new bridge is under construction. You can see it from 2 webcams at http://www.waldohancockbridge.com/waldo-county-bridge/

It will have an observation at the top of one of the 400 foot towers.
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    FoMoCo

from santa also! A 350 Super Duty powerstroke 5 speed auto. Real nice :) Been working night and day to get the boxes switched over.

I was tempeted to buy a new mustang while at the dealer, the '05 are great. Luckly they didn't have a GT on the lot.

I also got a Sirius satelite radio with a truck adapter. Great music!

hot rod

• DanHolohan
    What?

No flames?
    Retired and loving it.
  • Joannie_4
    Joannie_4 Member Posts: 6
    That's What I Thought

My Dad grew up on Verona Island and went to Bucksport High School. I haven't been up there in a while. That bridge used to scare me when I was a kid. I heard it was being rebuilt, and they had to re-route trucks or something until it was safe for them again. I'll have to check out the webcams! Thanks!
  • Bob Morrison_3
    Bob Morrison_3 Member Posts: 54
    Noel, sounds like...

... you've settled onto the Island quite nicely. Good for you!

Bob
  • Thanks, Bob

It isn't quite the same, but it suits me nicely.

Nothing beats sitting in a brew pub overlooking Mt Kearsarge sampling ten homebrews from a tray of glasses with good company, though.

If you ever get to NYC, we'll have to do it again sometime....

Noel
  • JimGPE_3
    JimGPE_3 Member Posts: 240
    My first guitar was an Epiphone

Can't beat the sound for the money!

"...played it till my fingers bled..."

• ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,884
    Hey Noel

I,ve climbed My Kersarge about five times. A nice day walk.

Merry Christmas Pal. Make sure you make it down for Clams this year.

Scott

This discussion has been closed.