Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

floor heat from corn burner?

Options
Eric_18
Eric_18 Member Posts: 1
I want to include floor heating from hot water supplied from a corn burner in our new house and new shop that I am planning to have constructed in March of 2005. I have been thinking about building a small heat building that would contain the corn burner and hot water boiler. This building would be positioned next to a grain bin full of corn, but 75-100 feet from either the house in one direction or shop in the other direction.

I know little about corn burners, other than one that I have seen working. They burn the corn in a pot that is kept feed by a auger, drafted by a small fan, and exhausted via PVC pipe. Can these be made to heat a boiler thus supplying hot water heat to another building via insulated underground pipe?

I have been told to run tubing under the floors both in the house and shop, using manifolds to set up numerous heating zones, especially in the house. Where do I go to get more information on this setup? The new construction will be near Taylorville, Illinois. Any comments will be appreciated - Thanks, Eric

Comments

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Options
    pop corn

sure you could build you radiant system around a corn burner.

Find an experienced radiant contractor or designer near you to help.

The first step would be a heat loss and design of the proposed buildings. With this you could select tubing, boilers, and controls.

www.woodboilers.com has a very nice pellet/ corn boiler. I suggest a back up oil or LP fired boiler should the corn run out :)

Check the "find a contractor" feature at this site to get started.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.