Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermidistat question

Ed_23
Ed_23 Member Posts: 6
I'm looking for a digital humidistat and have only come across the Carrier Thermidistat. Can anyone tell me if I can use this to controll an Aprilaire 360 and also replace the 2 wire thermostat for radiant heat? Does anyone know of a digital humidistat only? Is there any thing else besides the Carrier that will work? Thanks for any advice. -Ed

Comments

• Dan Foley
    Dan Foley Member Posts: 1,258
    EWC

Ed,

EWC (AutoFlo) makes a digital humidistat. It also comes standard with their new steam humidifiers. -DF

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • John Mills_3
    John Mills_3 Member Posts: 221
    It

requires a common but otherwise would work on 2 wire heating only. It puts out 24v when calling for humidity. Not sure what the 360 requires. May need a simple relay to trigger the Aprilaire. White-Rodgers makes the 1F95-391 which will do the same thing as the Thermidistat. Similar high buck price tag.
  • Ed_23
    Ed_23 Member Posts: 6

John, the Aprilaire 360 has a built in relay, the humidistat that came with the unit just has a two wire connection that triggers the relay. If the Carrier and White Rogers models put out 24 volts, I guess I would have to do some re-wiring on the 360. You are right about the high buck price tag.

I think that the Autoflo humidistat that Dan mentioned will do everything that I need without all the bells and whistles. Thanks guys for the advice. -Ed
This discussion has been closed.