Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please pray for my son...(Floyd)

Floyd_7
Floyd_7 Member Posts: 136
he was at Wetstock with me in Chicago.
Thanksgiving morning he decided that he had enough of life and attempted to take his. It was not a day of "Thanksgiving" for me.
His marriage has been in trouble for a while and he has tried to bury the hurt in the bottle......it has only made matters worse.
He is physically okay, but has a long road to recovery emotionally....
This boy,at 26, has so much God given talent for building heat systems that work......I can take a picture in my mind and easily have him seeing the same picture and he builds it.
As a father I could not be more proud of the things he can create with his hands.
Also like his father he has trouble making relationships work......I pray that he learns that sooner and faster than I did!
I have not been here much lately, and when I have it is to just try and stay in touch with what is going on. You guys are family and it's so refreshing to check in and just get a glimpse of what everyone it up to.
Looks like I may be working extra for a bit till I get my help back.... I'll be checking in, and help where I can.....

Thanks in advance for all your support!!!

Floyd

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Floyd,

Nothing hurts more than seeing someone you love in pain, whether it's emotional, or real. Watching your own child in this situation must be pure agony. I hope your son makes a speedy recovery and that the two of you will continue to take pride in building many fine heating systems together.

All the best in the meantime.
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 717
    Floyd

Our friend Constantin has a knack for putting words to paper much better than I, so please let me say that I echo his sentiments completely. My heart goes out to you and your family. Remember that you have many friends here.

Larry (from OSHA)
  • jerry scharf_2
    jerry scharf_2 Member Posts: 414
    go anywhere, do anything

To get your son help! There are lots of things out there to help, but very few of them come your way on their own, especially in rural areas. Every time something doesn't work, remember what was good and bad about it and use that to find a better next thing. This can be a journey that can bond the two of you closer than you can imagine, it's like going to war together.

He needs your love, your compassion and your energy.

As I am writing this, a song popped into my head from the musical "The Wiz,' "the sun will come out tomorrow."

I've dealt with a number of people who have children that succeeded. Know that you now have a second chance that not everyone gets, make it count.

My thoughts will be with you and your son,
    jerry
  • Murph'_5
    Murph'_5 Member Posts: 349
    A prayer goes out

To you and your son, take some time and try to understand what is happening. Your experiences may help him, but listening will be most important. As a freind he needs to trust you will have the trust in him, his ideas. We all learn what is important although sometimes too late, fortunatly this was not that time.

Show him this post, it shows how you feel !! Call me if you need to talk Mr. Kolb, anytime!

Murph'

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • The edge.

Floyd,

Having been in that much pain myself, I can't express how little there is that you can do. Be there for him because he needs you now more than ever. Life is one struggle after another. You are both in our prayers.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Please Pray For My Son

Floyd,

My prayers are with the both of you.

Keith
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    I so enjoyed being with him in Chicago.

We'll pray for all of you.

Unconditional love.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Tony_8
    Tony_8 Member Posts: 608
    Here also

My prayers are with you and your son. I hope he gets the help he needs. He's already got the most important thing to help him, YOU.
  • Dave Palmer_3
    Dave Palmer_3 Member Posts: 388
    on the prayer list

• hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    Thinking of you both

and hope you see your way through.
    I too would suggest getting help from others. A counselor, and maybe an AA meeting. This is a call for help on your sons part. Get him the best you can find.

hot rod

• jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Your son

and family are in our prayers, also.
  • Mark Hunt
    Mark Hunt Member Posts: 4,909
    All our prayers Floyd

for your son and the entire family.

Mark H

• John Ruhnke
    John Ruhnke Member Posts: 882
    Our prayers are with you.....

Floyd,

Here at the Ruhnke household, we will say a prayer for your son.

JR

I am the walking Deadman
    Hydronics Designer
    Hydronics is the most comfortable and energy efficient HVAC system.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    Stay strong Floyd...

You're both in my thoughts and prayers. This too shall come to pass.

I have two friends going through the divorce thing, and have done it once myself. There IS life after divorce. You just have to look for it.

ME

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,620

Floyd, you and your son will be in our prayers.

Respectfully,
    The Mercurio Family
    Your friend in the industry,

Alan R. Mercurio

www.oiltechtalk.com
  • steve gates
    steve gates Member Posts: 329

"the things of this earth will grow strangly dim in the light of His glory and grace"

"pray without ceasing" It's the least and most I can do. done
  • zeke
    zeke Member Posts: 223

Floyd,
    I echo the the sentiment. Please get him the best professional help immediately. I mean get a renowned psychiatrist (you can get referrals from the best teaching hospitals in your area for example).
    Remember, you may only get 1 chance. Your son's life is too precious, so act at once.
    AA is okay but that should be after some comprehensive professional treatment.

Zeke

• tommyoil
    tommyoil Member Posts: 613
    Thoughts and prayers.....

Coming from all of us here. All of us have trouble making relationships work in one degree or another Floyd, so you guys are NOT ALONE. Remember that. You can give thanks that your son is still here with us. Find the right kind of professional support which you will need. And as for the moral support, we will be with you in spirit here on the wall. I can attest to that support first hand. These men are some of the most caring, genuine, people on the face of the earth. Take the first step down the road to recovery. It is without a doubt the hardest one. Good luck !
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    Floyd,

Your family will be in our prayers!

Please keep us posted how he's doing!

Starch
  • Mike Kraft_2
    Mike Kraft_2 Member Posts: 398
    Floyd and son

Being honest in ones own mind is the start to recovery.Your son is strong.He needs a friend and he's got you.The road will be long.My thoughts are there.

cheese
  • Ruthe  Jubinville
    Ruthe Jubinville Member Posts: 67
    Prayers

You and your son have our prayers Ruthe & Jerry
  • Tim Doran
    Tim Doran Member Posts: 208
    Keep the faith

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Tim D.
  • Wild Bill
    Wild Bill Member Posts: 112
    The power of prayer

Floyd,
    My whole family will remember you and your son in our prayers. Just reaching out a bit for help, even on a forum such as this, takes so much courage, it is so often the first step to full and speedy recovery.
    God Bless,
    Bill Hobbie
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,752
    your son

I wish you the best in helping your son, I can't imagine the pain that all of you must feel. Tim
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Tough Times

The holidays seem to bring out despair as well as hope. Thinking of you, Floyd, and hope your son can find his way.
    Paul

• Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    I'll swap you Floyd,

prayer for prayer. With my wife having made three attempts in the last 12 months I hope your luck is much better than mine. God bless you both and get him help right away!
  • kevin_5
    kevin_5 Member Posts: 308
    Religion isn't the answer

But knowing Jesus Christ can give your son a whole new outlook. The very beating of our hearts is like the drumbeats of our funeral march. We're all on death row... we've all got a terminal disease... Without knowing the Author of Life, life can be pretty futile, meaningless, and depressing. I was once a very committed drunk, but came to know Jesus 18 years ago and have never been the same since. I would respectfully direct you to www.raycomfort.com for real life answers to real life questions.
    Floyd, I am praying for your son. Kevin

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
    my thoughts...

and prayers are with you and your family...kpc

• Mad Dog
    Mad Dog Member Posts: 2,595
    uNCLE fLOYD...WE ARE ALL HERE

i KNOW OF MANY OF CASE WHERE THIS THE WAKE UP CALL A PERSON NEEDS. hE'LL PULL THROUGH. fEEL FREE TO CALL ANYTIME. 516-554-6171.. We are pullin for trhe boy and the family. Maddog

• LEAD PIPE
    LEAD PIPE Member Posts: 199
    Prayers

I will pray for him and your family.
  • jerry scharf_2
    jerry scharf_2 Member Posts: 414
    I'm sad

George,

I can hear that you're trying hard. This must be an increadible tax on your life. please count me as someone in your corner. I am not an expert on this, but would be happy to lend an ear should you ever need to talk.

yours, jerry
  • Firedragon_4
    Firedragon_4 Member Posts: 1,436
    Thanks Jerry, it's

very much appreciated.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,246
    Floyd

As long as your son has you -- he is not alone. Let him know that many people care about him, as evidenced by the many kind people here on The Wall.

Take care.
  • Dave Yates (PAH)
    Dave Yates (PAH) Member Posts: 2,162
    our

thoughts & prayers go with you, your family and especially your son.

• Floyd I can speak from my own

experience at the same age as your son I also attempted suicide not very good at it however. Thank God for that. Much of my problem was drinking and very low self esteem. It did not subside for the next four years but I did not try again until one night in December of 1969 behind the wheel of my car at 120 MPH I let go of the steering wheel and spun around seven times. I passed out at the wheel and was awakened by a state policeman, his first words to me "God must really be looking out for you buddy, because you should be dead."

In May of 1970 still dealing with low self esteem, depression and loosing any desire to live I was at the end of my rope. It is when we come to the end of ourselves that help is on the way. Mine came from a lady who visited my wife one night and brought the Word of God into my miserable life. With out getting all preachy here Jesus compeltely turned my life around instantly that night. I have not touched a drink since then. I do like my non alcoholic O'Douls as many know here. But more than being delivered from the demon of drink, I found the peace that passes all understanding. I highly recommend Jesus as the answer. It is not religion as that failed me everytime I tried it. No it is a daily personal relationship with the living Son-of-God that helps me every day. It has been 34 years since that year when I was only 30. I can say he has kept that which I committed unto Him. I feel a great love for you and your son and I know you will both make it through. Do not hesitate to take him in your arms and tell him it is going to be okay and that you love him and so does Jesus. We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. If he needs to talk to someone I am available at 401-437-0557 call anytime and I do not preach at people but will try to help him find his own way. As a Pastor for many years I am used to phone calls at all hours. We love you and are praying for you.
  • john_27
    john_27 Member Posts: 195

We are with you in spirit and prayer...please let him know that
    our community here is solidly behind him.
  • Steve Minnich_1
    Steve Minnich_1 Member Posts: 127
    FLOYD

BEEN THERE BUDDY. PLEASE CALL ME-I WOULD LIKE TO TRY AND HELP.

STEVE MINNICH 847.310.0655
  • john_27
    john_27 Member Posts: 195

We are with you in spirit and prayer...please let him know that
    our community here is solidly behind him.
  • Jeff Lawrence_24
    Jeff Lawrence_24 Member Posts: 593
    Chicago

Floyd,

My wife and I remember y'all from Chicago.

He and you are in our thoughts and prayers

Jeff

This discussion has been closed.