Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Manifolds

hr
hr Member Posts: 6,106
for the tube and fitting are the same, theoretically the tubes and fittings should cross over. This is the purpose of the ASTM sizing standard.

I've used one crimp fitting for most of the pex brands out there. And I feel I have an o-ring crimp fitting that works well on various PAPs I have used. Same crimp tool fits both.

The manufactures prefer, of course, that you use their fittings and tools :) There may be warranty issues if you skip around the brands, although a properly installed fitting is not very often the location of failures in low temperature low pressure radiant applications :)

hot rod

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=144&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Are most manifolds intochangable with the different pex and aluminum pex manufactures?

I'm looking for a competativly priced manifold that I can use Viega Fostapex for my own use.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.
  • Allan Black_2
    Allan Black_2 Member Posts: 7
    Caleffi universal manifold fittings

• Allan Black_2

If you check out the Caleffi website at www.caleffi.us, look for North American sales reps. There should be one near you.

The Caleffi PEX fitting fits on Caleffi manifolds. It has a patented collar that will hold PEX from different manufacturers. As you know, PEX from one manufactuerer to another have slight internal and external diameter variences. Caleffi is not in the PEX business. They have been manufacturing hydronic brass components since 1964.

Regards:: Al
  • Allan Black_2

If you check out the Caleffi website at www.caleffi.us, look for North American sales reps. There should be one near you.

The Caleffi PEX fitting fits on Caleffi manifolds. It has a patented collar that will hold PEX from different manufacturers. As you know, PEX from one manufactuerer to another have slight internal and external diameter variences. Caleffi is not in the PEX business. They have been manufacturing hydronic brass components since 1964.

Regards:: Al
  • Allan Black_2

Caleffi manifolds are made in Italy. If you check out their website www.caleffi.us, go to the representative menu for a rep near you.

The PEX fitting that Caleffi makes has a patented collar that will seal PEX connections from different manufacturers, and no special tools required. Caleffi has been manufacturing hydronic brass and stainless steel components since 1964. They do not make PEX, so they have no biases.
  • Ted_9
    Ted_9 Member Posts: 1,718

Caleffi stuff is beautiful and I saw them at ISH, but I'm looking for a less expensive alternative ti Viega manifolds. I'm using them in my own house and I'm doing temporary set ups.

PATRIOT HEATING & COOLING, INC.
  • Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    SDR 9 tubing and Sioux Chief manifolds

If the tubing is an SDR 9 tubing, Sioux Chief makes a crimp connected multi port copper manifold that is inexpensive.

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hr
    hr Member Posts: 6,106
    My favorite approch

is to get these custom cut 18 port Watts Radiant manifolds. Now I can build whatever I want from one inventory part. The middle manifold is the watts Radiant base branch version with copper female sockets.

For a DIY job I use a compression pex adapter. Or I can add a Dahl mini ball. Or a plain crimp for pex or PAP. It gives me ultimate flexability at a low price.

Sioux Chief, Alberta T Drill, Precision Hydronics all prefab copper stick manifolds. Some of each in these pics.

The 1" trunk with 3/4" branches is nice for quick zone valve manifolds.

hot rod

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Jason Horner
    Jason Horner Member Posts: 58

Allan,

You're a Caleffi rep, correct? Do you have an e-mail address/tel. # where you can be contacted?

Thanks
  • Allan Black_2
    Caleffi Rep

Hi Jason,

Not sure if you got my email, but you can reach me at al4caleffi@sympatico.ca

Regards; Al
This discussion has been closed.