Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Are there actual sales people in radiant?

Nron_9
Nron_9 Member Posts: 237
To all, I am not a tech. I run operations & sales for our company. Any other of you like me out there. My partner in crime Nron is already addicted to this site. He's hoping I'll get addicted too. I am interested in your sales successes and failures. What you like and don't. Hope to hear from you all.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton1
    Mark Eatherton1 Member Posts: 2,542
    We're ALL salesmen...

I have one full time salesman/designer/estimator in our company, and myself. We have to sell ourselves, our company and the systems we promote on an hourly basis.

For a well trained knowledgeable ambitious person, the sky's the limit...

ME

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Weezbo
    Weezbo Member Posts: 6,232
    You cant find better...:)

We sell the manufacturers on making stuff we want! :)) What can I say? customers are childs play:))
  • George_10
    George_10 Member Posts: 580
    Selling systems

Selling in all fields is about getting the customer to feel they are dealing with a reliable company. Good graphics and the ability to answer the questions in a straight forward manner go a long way toward making this happen. Finding ways to set your company apart from the rest, is another step toward this end.
    Getting the customer's imagination on your side is the best way to gain the sale. Radiant = Comfort is an obvious start.

• Ken_17
    Ken_17 Member Posts: 1
    I sell the good stuff

I too am not an installer. I do the designs, try to keep the field going the right direction,sell to anyone within earshot and sleep well at night knowing that the systems we install work exceptionally well. Warm customers are happy customers. I succeed by being real with customers. no games, lies, face everything head on and do your best. I also look out for what works best for the customers situation and explain why this is the best way for them to go.

Ken M
  • Nron_9
    sales tips

the seller dude is looking for any marketing tips that u use to market in your area , what has worked and what has not worked to get peoples attention ,our market is forced air for the most part and poeple move alot about every 5 years in our area , they have ahard time doing the extra , and for a while they allowed straight installs with hwt closed loop systems
  • Justin Gavin
    Justin Gavin Member Posts: 129
    Get Dan's Book H2OH

Its on this sight. Get the book and also "The Traveling Wethead Show." audio tapes (to listen to on the road) Its all I have in my truck and I listen every day. The more I listen the more it sticks. After you listen to it a couple of times get his Video Seminar "How to sell to Selfish People" Do this for a few months and you will learn how to market High End Systems sucessfully. I would also advise (if you don't have real world experience) Working with a few friendly contractors and get first hand experience. It goes along way to have that experience. To understand how to sell to contractors you have to know whats important to them and what the advantages are for them to do business with you.

Also instead of trying to sell Whole home systems start selling Spot Floor Warming under tiled areas or basements (if you have basements). Offer them a High Efficient Boiler with a variable speed air handler this way you can offer them radiant heat and they are already comfortable with the ductwork. Also you can save them money with a small sidearm hot water storage tank compared to the cost of a powervented water heater.

Plust the fact if you have a high percentage of forced air guys in the area they become a commodity. They guys that are doing radiant offer something above and beyond. Thats where your challenge is. Show them how selling radiant not only is wonderful for their customers it also increases their bottom line. And every contractor understands that.

Good Luck
  • Bud_14
    Bud_14 Member Posts: 200

Just add H2O..I read it over and over and everytime. The Stories are magical, everytime I read them, there's a different lesson to be learned. It should have been titled "My Daily Motivator"

I don't have the travelin' wet heads, is it motivational:)

Bud
  • Nron_9
    H2O

> Just add H2O..I read it over and over and

> everytime. The Stories are magical, everytime I

> read them, there's a different lesson to be

> learned. It should have been titled "My Daily

> Motivator"

>

> I don't have the travelin' wet

> heads, is it motivational:)

>

> Bud

> Just add H2O..I read it over and over and

> everytime. The Stories are magical, everytime I

> read them, there's a different lesson to be

> learned. It should have been titled "My Daily

> Motivator"

>

> I don't have the travelin' wet

> heads, is it motivational:)

>

> Bud

It's been a while since I read it. Guess I'll have to pick it up and reread it. One needs to remind ones self and stay ahead of the changes in the industry and market.
    Nice to hear from you Ken. Glad to see there are others in the industry. Keep in touch.
  • Nron_9
    H2O

It's been a while since I read it. Guess I'll have to pick it up and reread it. One needs to remind ones self and stay ahead of the changes in the industry and market.

Nice to hear from you Ken. Glad to see there are others in the industry. Keep in touch.

Would like to hear those tapes. We always sell the whole home. People often suprise me when they want the car or the cat to be more comfotable than they are. Yes basements are cold. But why just look there.
  • Justin Gavin
    Justin Gavin Member Posts: 129
    Yes Indeed

Not only to they motivate you they really are fun to listen to even the 10th time around.

Last year we were 95% furnaces and 5% boilers. This year we are 50/50. My goal is to be 100% of jobs with boilers. The more I listen the easier it is to help the customers visulize and the smarter I sound.

I will say that between this site, Dan's Books, and a true love of hydronics we have become more profitable and carved a niche in our market. Its nice when the other guys are trying to catch up instead of the other way around. Its not about being the biggest its about being the best.

In short buy the tapes and listen to them as much as you can until you know it by heart. It will increase your profits dramatically.

Good Luck,
    Justin
  • Nron_9
    Gone Radiant

I agree. We were the same as you, furnaces, HWT, taps. We decided to go radiant 3 years ago. As of Jan 1/04 we only do radiant. It is not easy, but leaving behind those other things has allowed us to provide a better system. I think the day of "We do everything" maybe finally coming to an end. Based on some of the systems done by these wannabes it will be none to soon.
  • Nick W
    Nick W Member Posts: 200
    SALES

I CLOSED MY BUISNESS TO ACCEPT A POSITION WITH THIS COMPANY SELLING RADIANT HEATING AND ALL ASSOCIATED COMPONANTS.I ALSO HELP NEW GUYS WITH TECHNICAL ADVICE ON THIER FIRST PROJECTS FROM CONCEPT TO COMPLETION.I FEEL WE ARE MAKING EXCELLENT PROGRESS HELPING ADVANCE THE LOCAL RFH INDUSTRY.READY FOR MY ONLY COMPLAINT?BELIEVE IT OR NOT
    WE GET MORE SERIOUS INQUIRIES FROM HOMEOWNERS AND BUILDERS.
    THE FEW GUYS CURRENTLY INSTALLING RFH ARE GOING TO MOP UP IN THE FUTURE,MY BIGGEST FEAR IS A LACK OF QUALIFIED INSTALLERS IN THE YEARS AHEAD. JOE P.
This discussion has been closed.