Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

blueprint copier advice?

bryan_14
bryan_14 Member Posts: 8
Has anyone recently purchased or have any recommendations on blueprint copiers (some have recommended the new ones that also scan)? We currently have a single sheet fed Xerox that they are no longer making parts for and would like to get a replacement for it. It was originally purchased used (or "pre-owned")and has served it's purpose well. We mostly copy projects smaller than 10 sheets in 3 copies. And i understand that most newer machines use the roll fed type paper. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Matt_21
    Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
    we have a

xerox 3001 that is about 2 years old. it is sheet fed and accepts up to 36" wide paper. i think it is the bottom of the barrel for copiers but we don't copy all that often. it is easy to use and haven't had a problem with it yet.
  • Ken_8
    Ken_8 Member Posts: 1,640
    After we looked into getting one...

We found the cost of paper, room it took, chemicals, maintenance and variety of sizes we wanted to copy to be such a hassle, we found our local copy and print shop had a 48" bed that would copy anything. They bang us 2-5 bucks a pop - depending on size, volume and the amount of time it takes them to setup some of the rags we bring in that must be placed in a "carrier/taxi".

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Ken D.
    Ken D. Member Posts: 836
    Copies

I just take them to a local shop that does blueprints. Its not expensive and they do a quality job.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Find a small print shop

I have a local print shop I go to and they charge me a couple bucks a copy and less if I can drop off and pick up another day. An added benefit is all the cool drafting supplies they use that I play with while I am waiting.......

That reminds me of a funny story. I went to get my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago and as usual when I am left alone in the room with all those cool gadgets I can't help myself. So there was this water spritzer there and after using it to obliterate an ant I saw crawling on the carpet, I ran an experiment... does the suction tool have enough suction to recieve the output of the spritzer gun? The result of the experiment? Non conclusive..... as soon as I got the experiment started a cute dental assistant walked in. Of course my immediate attention went her way as I inadvertantly aimed the water spitzer at my face and proceeded to soak myself. Real smooth huh....

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable PHC Inc
  • Grumpy_2
    Grumpy_2 Member Posts: 82
    Xerox 2510

I have a Xerox 2510 that I have used for a the last 5 years, now that I am converting to plotters for my radiant layouts, I no longer need the copier. It's available for a really low price if anyone needs one.
This discussion has been closed.