Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Opinions wanted on \"De Deitrich\" boilers

Ken C.
Ken C. Member Posts: 267
I'm new to the heating trade, but this boiler seemed to be in the same league as a Viessmann or Buderus boiler. With the swing-open oil burner door, it was easy to access the flue passages for cleaning. It had a Tekmar electronic control panel. Riello burner (BF-5 or FG-5?), with combustion air ducted directly to the burner. I noticed that the burner's air intake was noisy with the cover off the box, but it quieted down quite a bit after putting the cover back on. The label on the boiler said De Deitrich is in France. With that name, I would have expected a German manufacturer. How common are De Deitrich boilers compared to Buderus and Veissmann (not that those are too common in average residential use)? How is their quality? What can you tell me about the company? By the way, this boiler was servicing a radiant system that was a work of art. But I don't know much about radiant, so I couldn't tell you much of what I was looking at. But it did look beautiful.

Comments

• Greg_15
    Greg_15 Member Posts: 8
    De Dietrich Boilers

We have sold several residential boilers as well as several commercial ones over the last 3 years.

The people with the residential ones love them. Several are hvac people and installed them themselves. After 2 years of operation they say they are still clean inside as compared to some other brands. The commercial ones are working as well too.

They are a good boiler though the early ones had some wiring issues being from france. That may be corrected by now.
    jmho

Greg
This discussion has been closed.