Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

right suite software

Matt_21
Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
has anyone used the right suite software. i downloaded a trial version to use with a roth job i am doing. in speaking with steve at roth, this will do load calc, loop drawings, heat & cooling calc, duct drawings etc. pretty much all in one program. i was speaking with some other contractors about hvac-calc and they raved about it but i don't think it does radiant? any experience with either would be appreciated.

Comments

• wrightsuite

in a word.....

Phenomenal. I use it EVRY DAY.

But beware - the program is only as good as the user. TAKE A COURSE. LEARN IT. Wrightsoft offers many courses across the country. (there is one in Levittown PA on Aug 11&12) I can not believe the people who have made the financial commitment and not put in the time to learn it. If you have a spare grand you want to give it away my address is....

Also, the loop drawing module is not quite ready for primetime. Steve Kelly (at Roth) should know that.

wheels

• Matt_21
    Matt_21 Member Posts: 140
    do you do your

radiant calc's and design with this. i currently use the wirsbo program which i find pretty easy to use, then i draw it out with loopcad.
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    Stop thinking and give them your money

I have had the software for going on three years now and after learning how to use it properly it is the one single best investment I have made in my business. I went from using my IBR book doing manual calculations on worksheets, now I invest about 1/2 hour tops drawing the building envelope including windows and doors, get a general idea for my estimating and when I have that deposit check I just go in and work on it some more. It can give you a pretty close bill of material for metal ductwork, and the proposal module takes the equipment you are using and inserts model#s automatically.
    The only tiny complaint I have is that when I need tech service I usually have to wait for a tech to call me back. This for me is inconvenient because I like every one else need an answer NOW DARN IT! But I can say that every single time I called for tech support I ALWAYS got a call back within a few hours, or if I call late they call the next morning. Just be prepared to sit and learn the program correctly....not like I did on my own. I think if you can make the time taking a class will get you going much quicker.

Cosmo Valavanis

Dependable PHC Inc
  • soup to nuts

One program does it all for me know.

AC, Heat, CFM, BBD, Duct, RFH, Radiant Ceiling, Boiler, Furnace, ground Water, High Velocity... plus material list, estimation, proposals and purchase orders.

Toss out the Wirsbo program (at least for now).

wheels
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Hey Cosmo.

Good to see you on the Wall. I've been using it (Wrightsoft)since it's inception some 15 years ago. Came on 5.25 floppys. It's come a long way since then. Write Draw is fun to use. I didn't really take off until I took a class. I still could use one on the duct side of things. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Cosmo_3
    Cosmo_3 Member Posts: 845
    WHat's up buddy!!

Hey just saw your post. My my the wall is quite busy these days!!! I have always looked here but sometimes I don't have enough time to respond. So how the heck have you been?

Cosmo Valavanis
    Dependable PHC Inc
This discussion has been closed.