Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus

S Davis
S Davis Member Posts: 491
I keep hearing about Buderus offering their wall hung condencing boiler here in the states, I guess it has been available in Europe for about ten years now, anyone hear or know anything about it?

S Davis

Comments

• kevin coppinger_4
    kevin coppinger_4 Member Posts: 2,124
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,404
    Buderus GB112

Here it is. Should debut Sept.1st,2004. There is one on the wall in operation in the plant in New Hampshire...
  • It's comming soon!

We can all see it at the ISH NA in Boston come October. I've been told it will be available for the upcomming heating season once Buderus has put it through it's trials here stateside. A couple of people I know have the prototypes here in the US. Tom Olds of Advanced Hydronics & Dennis Bellanti of ferguson Enterprizes. They LOVE them so far. Revisit the link below. It tells alot more about this unit made by Clyde Combustion. I can't wait to use one!!

http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&&Message_ID=88049&_#Message88049

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Nron_9
    Nron_9 Member Posts: 237
    warrenty

the heat exchanger has only a 2year warrenty and depending on model will require a low loss header to maintain .14 l/ sec through heat exchanger
    This a verry shork warrenty period for a boiler HX and the cleaning method mentioned is strage to me But I wo0uld like to see it run before I pass jugdement
  • Buderus's new (to US) HX

They are using an aluminium block HX as does the WM Ultra. I also have had concerns about this type of HX. We Americans don't seem to be too much concerned about water quality as much as we probably should be. I would also like to see a longer warrantee on their HX. However, I can't blame the Germans for not wanting to be liable for something that is completely out of their control. I would rather see them write into their warrantee a clause that states specifically that the pH level of the systemic fluid must be tested and documented biannually in order to receive warranty benefits and extend their warrantee period to at least match the competition.

A dose of Rhomar™ cleaner and inhibitor or it's equivelant should be required with these types of systems. The MZ comes with a bottle of Bionbal water conditioner packaged within with the unit. Shouldn't that be the norm with these low water content low E boilers?

My .02 cents

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.