Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Material Pricing Database

Bill_14
Bill_14 Member Posts: 345
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good material pricing software to develop a pricing database that can be easily updated as needed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Bill_14
    Any ideas?

• John Felciano
    John Felciano Member Posts: 411
    Price

When we did alot of survice work we used to use Price point by Cloversoft.They had a very good database of parts and sent monthly updates.You could set the program up with your own mulitpliers.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,338
    Bill,

I do plumbing and gas estimating using a computer system called Wendes. The pricing is developed by Harrison Publishing House out of New Hampshire.

They developed the Bradford pricing guide which carries just about every type of fixture, pipe and fitting used in the industry.

Not sure if that is what you are after but you can check them out through Google and inputting Harrison Publishing House. They can be reached at 1-800-890-0820 or info@hphguide.com.
  • Bill_14
    pricing

So do most of you guys price your materials out long-hand using price lists and multipliers?
  • Murph'_5
    Murph'_5 Member Posts: 349
    Might be safer that way.........

At least in the short run, till we get a handle on rising costs of materials. some of the suppliers are only gonna guarantee prices for a couple of weeks out and the catalogs they say to forget at the moment. If you do find what you are looking for stay on top of it so as not get lulled into a false sense of security !!

Murph'

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bill_14

You are correct Murph'. At a minimum you need to be in position to escalate your prices as needed...based on your best guess. Something added is better than nothing...
  • Bill_14
    Thanks Jackchips

This is what we use with Estimation. I was hoping there might be something out there just a little different.

Bill
  • Bill_14
    Thanks John.

I'm checking this out.

Bill
  • Murph'_5
    WHat types of materials.....

Are you needing this for? service & repair. design & build? Install & retrofit some flat-rate programs (sorry ken) have some stuff built in that you could fudge with, but depending on the volume might not be where you want to be ;fudge too much miss the job, too little lose your shirt!!

Murph'

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bill_14

Service & repair for plumbing, heat & air plus commercial plan & spec. contracting.
  • Murph'_5
    Are you doing flat rate

Alot of the T&M guys send out invoices after the fact, saves time on the job so you can really spend more time invoicing at a later, considering your overhead covers the expense of an estimator. some of the pricing programs give you the power to add parts and increases on a per items basis or across the board. and the parts and time need to be constantly upgraded. the other is what supplier does not play as I read "used car dealers seeing how much this customer will pay" (not my words) but even with an updated book you may not have the same multipliers from jobber to jobber.

Murph'

• Bill_14
    Needing a Change

We use both FRP & T/M, but getting close to dropping FRP 100%. I need to get a system of billing geared up that allows invoices to be priced and mailed as quickly and as accurately as possible.
This discussion has been closed.