Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Veha Panel Rads w/diverter?

Andrew_4
Andrew_4 Member Posts: 8
Has anybody installed a Veha panel rad with a diverter valve. veha.com doesn't list one on their website, and the guy I talked to doesn't seem to think it is possible, but the dimensions on the rads look very similar to all the other European rads, so I was wondering if I could just get one of the Buderus diverters or some other brand, and use them.

I'm trying to see about the Radson, but there are no distributors in my area, and the local Buderus distributor won't sell to me because I'm not a licensed heating contractor.

Thanks for any help with this. I had previously asked about baseboard radiant panel, but I have doubts as to the potential for noise in the system.

Comments

• I'm just guessing,

but the diverter would be a function of the thermostatic radiator valve. Check with Danfoss: (866)651-0101 toll free.

http://www.danfossheating.com/Products/heating/heating.htm

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Member Posts: 115
    Panel Rad

There are many other ways to pipe the radiator. Is the diverter valve really necessary?

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Andrew_6
    Andrew_6 Member Posts: 6

I'm bringing in 3 new rads on the third floor, off of one feed from the basement. One is close to the risers, while the other two are on the other side of the house. Those two are basically twins, one on each side of a dormer, with a wall between them (r for rad, supply and return coming from the right):

|-------|-------|

| rrrrr | rrrrr | (supply and return over here)

| | |

All the plumbing is coming through from the side wall, as I don't want to knock any holes in the ceiling below. So, I figured that if I use a diverter valve on one of these, then I will be able to pipe them without using any elbows to offset one pipe around the other. Without the diverter valve, I would need 4 additional elbows to offset the return around the supply.
  • Andrew_6

I'm bringing in 3 new rads on the third floor, off of one feed from the basement. One is close to the risers, while the other two are on the other side of the house. Those two are basically twins, one on each side of a dormer, with a wall between them (r for rad, supply and return coming from the right):

|-------|-------|
    | | |
    All the plumbing is coming through from the side wall, as I don't want to knock any holes in the ceiling below. So, I figured that if I use a diverter valve on one of these, then I will be able to pipe them without using any elbows to offset one pipe around the other. Without the diverter valve, I would need 4 additional elbows to offset the return around the supply.
  • Andrew_6

|-------|-------|

| | |

• Tom Giedraitis
    Tom Giedraitis Member Posts: 44

Have you tried the DiaNorm Panel Rads? They also appear to me to be almost identical, can be purchased with the diverter valve, and cost about the same. I plan on using them instead of Vehas for the same reason, but I haven't bought them yet.
  • Andrew_4

Tom, where do you get your DiaNorm panels? I tried calling the number listed, and no ring.
  • Tom Giedraitis

I had the same problem, but I think I sent an email or something and got a call back from Brian Walsh, (stocking distributor for Peter DeHaan)
    His number is 315 252-7204.

I know I spoke to him, but as I said, I still haven't gotten around to sizing and ordering.
  • Andrew_4

> I had the same problem, but I think I sent an

> email or something and got a call back from Brian

> Walsh, (stocking distributor for Peter DeHaan)

> His number is 315 252-7204.

>

> I know I spoke to

> him, but as I said, I still haven't gotten around

> to sizing and ordering.

Tom, I just called the number you gave me, thanks, and the company name is Dreiehr Radiant, and David got me prices and such. Good service so far. I have to recheck my measurements tonight, and then I may be ordering from them.
  • Andrew_4

Tom, I just called the number you gave me, thanks, and the company name is Dreiehr Radiant, and David got me prices and such. Good service so far. I have to recheck my measurements tonight, and then I may be ordering from them.
  • Tom Giedraitis

Great. Let me know how you like them.
  • Brian_19
    Brian_19 Member Posts: 115
    Dianorm

I have used Dianorm in the past and have had good luck with them. They come with the brackets and are well packaged. Mounting to the wall is simple however, you have to hit solid wood. They also sell adapters to connect the radiator to copper or pex. All in all a good buy.
    Brian

This discussion has been closed.