Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trinity NIT Boiler

Bob_31
Bob_31 Member Posts: 7
I have been following this sight for 2 months. I am building a 2story colonial about 2500sqft. While pricing out a heating systems I was given a quote for a NTI Trinity condensing boiler for staple-up radiant w/transfer panels and alumiPEX for first and second floor and also the basement. I live in upstate NY w/ long winters. What are your opinions on this boiler and also the quote came with an Urgalmax (not sure on Spelling)indirect hot water heater. I have never heard of either one of these units and would appreciate any help. The other quotes were with a Buderus for BBHW. Can this boiler be used with radiant and is it better than the Trinity. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Uni R
    Uni R Member Posts: 663
    NY Thermal Trinity / Ergomax?

The boiler is fairly new (5 years old maybe), has extensive features for the price. Good bang for the buck. The indirect is a reverse type tank where it stored boiler water and has a coil for the domestic water that runs through it. It serves as a buffer this way. The Buderus can also work with the radiant although it doesn't condense which means that it won't be as efficient, although it will likely last longer.
  • John Starcher_4
    John Starcher_4 Member Posts: 794
    The NYT Trinity...

...is a fully modulating, condensing boiler. AFUE rating is, I believe, 95%. I have installed these, and have been very happy. They are ideal for radiant applications, also, as they can handle very low return water temperatures. I installed one in my shop building, and have had no problems.

Starch
  • Troy_3
    Troy_3 Member Posts: 479
    Bob

I prefer the Munchkin or Viessmann. Ergomax is a quality tank. Where in Upstate NY? I am in WNY. I can show you many jobs as you describe. All we do is radiant heat
  • Bob_31
    Bob_31 Member Posts: 7
    Troy

Troy thanks I live about 35mins east of syracuse.
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 764

I have 8 of them installed. They are a cute little boiler with a lot of features for the money. They, like Munchies, have had a few problems. Make sure you get the newest version 1.5 Sentry board. The older versions had problems. These boilers have built in outdoor reset controls with domestic water heating priority. They use the same blower and heat exchanger that Munchkins uses. Make sure you use someone who understands primary/secondary pumping. That will make or break the whole system.

Dave in Denver
    Dave Stroman
This discussion has been closed.